Full screen ad appearing after pressing the home key

Nick_1020

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
I've been experiencing a rather annoying issue of late. Sometimes when I press my home key when playing New Star Soccer, I'm faced with an almost full screen ad on my homescreen. It may well be related to a software update (N910FXXU1COJ3) I installed the other day or it could be down to NSS or maybe even something else running in the background.

This didn't happen prior to installing the software update and it also never used to happen when playing NSS so it's a little confusing as to what is causing it. I have paid for no ads in NSS so I would be surprised if that is the cause but as I mentioned, I have only noticed this happening when pressing the home key whilst playing NSS. However, it doesn't happen every time.

I managed to catch a few screenshots:
Screenshot_2015-12-05-21-01-44.jpg
Screenshot_2015-12-07-00-53-00.jpg

So far the ads have been for AXA car insurance.

After clicking the option to 'deactivate this ad', I see the following screen:
Screenshot_2015-12-07-00-53-14.jpg

So I disabled the user choice option to see if that will help. So far, so good...but perhaps I should have clicked the option to send message as I may have been able to see where the message was going.

Has anyone seen anything like this before?

I scanned my phone with Malwarebytes and ESET and no threats were found so I'm kinda stumped.

Any help would be appreciated :)

Apologies if this isn't in the right section.

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Looks like you got some adware that is intercepting the home screen launcher and using it to launch its own ad app then eventually release control to your home screen. At least they were "kind" enough to put a disable toggle on it, but I'd look very suspiciously at any apps you have installed recently (or try uninstalling them and reinstalling them and see if the ads come back so you can isolate who is doing it).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trudycharles