01-14-2016 08:41 AM
211 ... 34567 ...
tools
    ICYMI....VZW has failed again. Not one single release from VZW on today's software dump. At least none that I am aware of.

12-24-2015 Firmware Updates: Galaxy A3, Galaxy Grand Prime, Galaxy S6, and more - SamMobile
    My girlfriends vzw s5 got a small update this morning.

Posted via the Android Central App
    12-23-2015 10:19 PM
    My girlfriends vzw s5 got a small update this morning.

It was probably a security update. I got that on my S5 as well...maybe a week ago. VZW is very selfish with their updates on older devices...S5 and Note 4 being a few of them.
    12-23-2015 11:21 PM
    One big reason why I use Verizon Messenger+ is that it acts like imessager and will send/retrieve text through data. That mean, no matter how my reception is, as long as I'm on wifi, I will receive text messages.
    Will it work without wifi or 4g?

I am in the process of making my Note 4 self aware.
    12-24-2015 10:46 AM
    Ha haaaa...Verizon and updates...smh....
    12-25-2015 02:10 PM
    One big reason why I use Verizon Messenger+ is that it acts like imessager and will send/retrieve text through data. That mean, no matter how my reception is, as long as I'm on wifi, I will receive text messages.
    Another feature, and the main reason I use it: I set it to automatically back up all of my text message conversations. It also allows you to do image searches straight from the app and post them in the conversation. Check it out, it actually has a lot of cool features.
    12-26-2015 10:33 AM
    I too would like to know how you are running 5.1.1.

Whether 5.1.1 or MM, I will take ANYTHING that will fix this battery bug. So sick of it either dying or constantly rebooting when I'm venue 20%.

12-27-2015 03:52 PM
    More bad news for VZW Note 4 users...You got zero updates on this release.

12-27-2015 Firmware Updates: Galaxy A5, Galaxy Grand Prime, Galaxy S4 VE, and more - SamMobile

Way to go VZW #VZWFail Note 4 users....again
    12-28-2015 12:30 AM
    Once again, VZW has failed it current customers while offering cash & data to new customers.

Not a single VZW delivery...I wonder if they are hurting that bad.
    12-29-2015 Firmware Updates: Galaxy J1, Galaxy A7, Galaxy Note Edge, and more - SamMobile

Taking care of current customers causes better results.
    anticlutch likes this.
    12-29-2015 11:02 AM
    I know it's been repeated ad nauseam but when you're buying a Verizon branded device, you're basically acknowledging that you're okay with staying on whatever version of Android the phone came with (just look at the Sony Xperia Z3v... it's been abandoned at 4.4.4). It's super pessimistic but as the phone recently passed the 1 year mark and is approaching the now not-so-distant 2 year threshold, I honestly doubt that our Notes will ever get another major update, save for a security update here and there. It'd be easier and more profitable for Big Red to sweep the Note 4 under the rug and pretend like it never existed (despite its popularity) and push the next greatest thing onto the people just getting off their 2 year contract.
    12-30-2015 01:32 AM
    12-30-2015 02:07 PM
    I know it's been repeated ad nauseam but when you're buying a Verizon branded device, you're basically acknowledging that you're okay with staying on whatever version of Android the phone came with (just look at the Sony Xperia Z3v... it's been abandoned at 4.4.4). It's super pessimistic but as the phone recently passed the 1 year mark and is approaching the now not-so-distant 2 year threshold, I honestly doubt that our Notes will ever get another major update, save for a security update here and there. It'd be easier and more profitable for Big Red to sweep the Note 4 under the rug and pretend like it never existed (despite its popularity) and push the next greatest thing onto the people just getting off their 2 year contract.
    Screw the Note 5. I was actually interested in it until I read that there's NO removable battery, and NO sdcard slot.

I mean really, what the heck was Samsung thinking when they made that trainwreck of a decision?

And still, it's been like what? 2 incarnations since they last increased the screen size. And it's still stuck at 5.7". I thought for sure it would be at least 5.9" or 6" by now.
    12-31-2015 03:28 AM
    What does this mean for Verizon customers? How long will it take ..... ?

Reminder: All Samsung flagships launched in 2014 and later will get Marshmallow - SamMobile

Only time will tell. I hope VZW gets their slow act together in the new year.
    12-31-2015 10:30 AM
    Maybe we will get 6.0 when 7.0 comes out for everyone else.
    12-31-2015 02:38 PM
    Screw the Note 5. I was actually interested in it until I read that there's NO removable battery, and NO sdcard slot.

I mean really, what the heck was Samsung thinking when they made that trainwreck of a decision?

And still, it's been like what? 2 incarnations since they last increased the screen size. And it's still stuck at 5.7". I thought for sure it would be at least 5.9" or 6" by now.
    Yeah, that was the deal killer for me too. Logically, it made no sense what they did this year. The S line losing microSD and removable battery support kind of makes sense since it's the more mainstream device (or in other words, the device meant to compete against the iPhones). And I can definitely see why they introduced the S6 edge+, since a lot of people were buying the Note line of phones for the larger screen size and arguably more premium build quality but weren't using the S-pen or the other "power user" features. But what I can't understand is why they felt the need to neuter the Note line which was generally regarded as being aimed towards power users, especially since they already had two other product lines meant for people who weren't completely happy with the Notes.

The S3, S4, S5, Note 2, and Note 3 all felt "cheap" but the Note 4 was the first phone that I thought perfectly melded build quality with premium materials with functionality. I truly hope Samsung brings back some logic to its products since it's obvious that LG is making huge strides forward in everything.(especially updates! Apparently even the G3 is starting to get a mass 6.0 rollout...thanks Obama Samsung) With the V10 really bringing the heat and being what I'd consider to be the true successor to the Note 4, I don't think Samsung can rest on its laurels for too long before it loses the initiative to LG.

But back to the topic, it really surprises me that Samsung still hasn't found the balls to tell carriers to f-off and to push updates as soon as Samsung officially releases them. They're really only second to Apple in terms of brand recognition so they certainly have the clout to push back against the carriers (imagine Samsung threatening to not sell any of their devices on Verizon!). Maybe they're so complacent because carriers in South Korea are also so strong... whatever the case, I hope they can pull their heads out of their butts and give our flagship phone the TLC it deserves.
    12-31-2015 09:25 PM
    I'm sure by now you can figure out what is NOT on this list.....nope, the Note 4 IS on the list. It's the provider that isn't

1-1-2016 Firmware Updates: Galaxy J7, Galaxy Note 4, Galaxy J5, and more - SamMobile

Once again - #VZWFail Note 4 users
    01-02-2016 02:08 AM
    I had a chat with a Samsung employee at best buy today. I asked him about the update, specifically when it will come out but of course he was not sure whenor if VZW will bring out the update. He did state that the majority of issues with Samsung phones are usually from VZW. He said VZW tries to cram too much bloat and doesnt mesh well with android. I'm sure you're all shocked to read this.

01-02-2016 07:33 PM
    I had a chat with a Samsung employee at best buy today. I asked him about the update, specifically when it will come out but of course he was not sure whenor if VZW will bring out the update. He did state that the majority of issues with Samsung phones are usually from VZW. He said VZW tries to cram too much bloat and doesnt mesh well with android. I'm sure you're all shocked to read this.

That's why I use Debloater....it helps.
    01-03-2016 11:03 PM
    But will debloater get our updates faster?

01-04-2016 12:15 PM
    But will debloater get our updates faster?

HAHAHA....I only wish it would.

Speaking of updates - Not that it needs to be mentioned - but VZW has failed its customers once again.

1-4-2016 Firmware Updates: Galaxy A5, Galaxy S4 Active, Galaxy S6 edge, and more - SamMobile
    01-04-2016 02:08 PM
    Do you have to root to install Debloater?
    rjr1209 likes this.
    01-04-2016 04:43 PM
    Do you have to root to install Debloater?
    No root required. The Verizon Note 4 can't be permanently rooted. Someone in this discussion put the link up for downloading the debloating tool. That tool gets loaded onto your computer - USB your Note 4 to the computer and turn off all the extra junk VZW installs on your device using the newly installed software.

Word of CAUTION - Turning off the wrong stuff will render your phone useless......BE CAREFUL!!!! Oh, I am not responsible for mistakes, so read a lot before messing with that program. Good luck.
    _YoKolorMeBadd likes this.
    01-04-2016 06:33 PM
    Once again, our amazing service provider (Verizon) has skipped out on giving us (Note 4 users) an update. On top of no explanation as to why we are waiting....taking care if their loyal customers.

1-5-2016 Firmware Updates: Galaxy Note 4, Galaxy J5, Galaxy Core Prime, and more - SamMobile

#VZWFail
    01-05-2016 12:56 PM
    I've given up on any further firmware updates for the Verizon Note 4. If it happens, good, but I'm not expecting it.

01-05-2016 01:52 PM
    I got so frustrated with the way my note 4 was acting that i gave it to my teenager and went out and bought a Moto X Pure Edition. I miss my Note.. but I don't miss all the Verizon crap on my phone and lack of updates.
    01-06-2016 02:56 AM
    So why does Verizon delay so much when places like Iran and Afghanistan can get updates? Is it that difficult and what are they not telling us?

Come on Verizon....do the job we are paying you to do.

1-6-2016 Firmware Updates: Galaxy S4, Galaxy Grand Prime, Galaxy Note 10.1, and more - SamMobile
    01-06-2016 01:10 PM
211 ... 34567 ...