Verizon Note 4 users - where is our update???

Dustoff-00

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
You always hear that the squeaky wheel gets the grease....but maybe Verizon isn't hearing us. Now with the rest of the world getting 5.1.1 we hear that 6.0 has dropped for the Note 4.

Did the Galaxy Note 4 just get Android 6.0 Marshmallow? - SamMobile

The problem - Verizon isn't giving us any info on either 5.1.1 or 6.0 and/or what the reason for the delay.

Basically, I'm feeling a little #VZWFail for us Note 4 users...or at least neglected for a FLAGSHIP device for Samsung and Verizon.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Verizon almost never announces timelines for updates. If the Note 5 and 99% of Note 4's don't have the update, then there is no update to justify.

Dustoff-00

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Verizon almost never announces timelines for updates. If the Note 5 and 99% of Note 4's don't have the update, then there is no update to justify.

But this can't explain why nearly 99% of Note 4 users already have the update (5.1.1) and VZW doesn't. At this point it's easier to name the Note 4 users that DON'T have the update than it would be to name the countries and providers that DO have it.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
I don't disagree that 5.1.1 is way behind, and I agree with those that say it'd be better to skip straight to 6.0 rather than update to 5.1.1 and then do 6.0 later. I just don't think 6.0 is late (yet). 5.1 or some version of it should have rolled out near the summer as it was released in March. IIRC, non carrier Note 4's were slated for update in February of 2016.

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Verizon hears you. They simply don't care. Sorry. Other than being first on the Moto X 2013 for one update, Verizon has always lagged far behind everyone else in updates. They even managed to abandon a Nexus program phone in the early days of Nexus. Hopefully they will get to 5.1.1 soon. I wouldn't count on it being real soon.

As far as Marshmallow, I have serious doubts about the veracity of that claim. Why would they update a carrier Note 4 *before* the unlocked Note *5* gets it? It just reeks of "someone wanted some press, so they rooted a Note 4 and twiddled the properties file".

It's not impossible. But it ain't bloody likely.

clownin72

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Well the crappy 5.0.1 update has me seriously considering buying another note 4 unlocked from att and moving my service to cricket. Surprisingly better coverage when I'm at especially now with this update and lack of cell coverage from the phone not pulling in the signal

Dustoff-00

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Verizon hears you. They simply don't care. Sorry. Other than being first on the Moto X 2013 for one update, Verizon has always lagged far behind everyone else in updates. They even managed to abandon a Nexus program phone in the early days of Nexus. Hopefully they will get to 5.1.1 soon. I wouldn't count on it being real soon.

As far as Marshmallow, I have serious doubts about the veracity of that claim. Why would they update a carrier Note 4 *before* the unlocked Note *5* gets it? It just reeks of "someone wanted some press, so they rooted a Note 4 and twiddled the properties file".

It's not impossible. But it ain't bloody likely.

Maybe because Nexus takes care of its customers...?

Android 6.0.1 will bring more than 200 new emoji to Nexus phones and tablets | Android Central

Dustoff-00

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Then there's no need for 5.1.1 if we get MM in 2 1/2 months.

Posted via the Android Central App

The way VZW has taken care of Note 4 users .... we should be so lucky.

p.s. "soon" is a relative term. Depending on who you are and what you expect "soon" to be. The use of "soon" means - why are we last?

#VZWFail its Note 4 users.

ToddL

May 7, 2011
Visit site
Sorry don't use my link, use the original one towards the top of the thread. Apparently I'm new at the whole copy-paste thing.

fragologist

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
No matter how you look at it, the fact that there have been three [or more] major updates for android since October of last year (5.0, 5.1.1, and 6.0) and the vzw note 4 devices has only received one is unacceptable. I wish I can use a different carrier but vzw is the only carrier that gets a signal where I live.

I am in the process of making my Note 4 self aware.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckm