Verizon Note 4 users - where is our update???

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
For anyone wanting to delete apps or services be sure to make a backup of the system or instead of deleting a file rename the extension to .bak. If you don't have issues then delete it or keep it renamed as .bak.

Alex Wetzel

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
For anyone wanting to delete apps or services be sure to make a backup of the system or instead of deleting a file rename the extension to .bak. If you don't have issues then delete it or keep it renamed as .bak.

What does renaming the extension to .bak do?

Posted from the one and only Note 4

Dustoff-00

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
What does renaming the extension to .bak do?

The .bak file extension is purely the back-up file extension. When you do a back-up on your computer, that is normally the extension your computer puts on it. It does nothing, but by you changing the file extension to .bak, it will allow you to see it in the future if needed.

scott750

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
I seriously hope in the next update (5.1.1 or MM) they include the phone feature to end individual calls during a conference call instead of having to hang up completely....like in the Note 3. That was one of the biggest disappointments with the Note 4 and Note 5, how features are removed from the newer devices.

fragologist

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
If Verizon wants to wait on giving out updates...I'm fine with that but don't leave us on a stuttering, battery draining version of android

I am in the process of making my Note 4 self aware.

Dustoff-00

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
If Verizon wants to wait on giving out updates...I'm fine with that but don't leave us on a stuttering, battery draining version of android

I am in the process of making my Note 4 self aware.

Wonder it they were too busy building some payment app while not taking care of their loyal customers?

mikeng714

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
This wouldn't even be an issue for me if this phone was fricken root able. I swear, one of my biggest issues with Verizon - lock bootloader.

aztec12

Jun 8, 2011
Visit site
I'm on 5.1.1 but would like to get marshmallow since I know for note 4 it will probably be the last update that this phone will get ever.

Dominick079

Feb 25, 2014
Visit site
I have an AT&T Note 4 and never had any issues with any of their Lollipop updates. If fact performance and battery life has gotten better with each update.
I do hope that Verizon updates the Note 4 to 5.1.1 by the end of the year because it's ridiculous that Verizon customers still don't have it. But I do recommend that you clear your system cache and preform a factory reset on your phone after any OS update. Make sure you also back up your phone before you update.

Posted via the AT&T Note 4

Alex Wetzel

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
I have an AT&T Note 4 and never had any issues with any of their Lollipop updates. If fact performance and battery life has gotten better with each update.
I do hope that Verizon updates the Note 4 to 5.1.1 by the end of the year because it's ridiculous that Verizon customers still don't have it. But I do recommend that you clear your system cache and preform a factory reset on your phone after any OS update. Make sure you also back up your phone before you update.

Posted via the AT&T Note 4

I haven't had any problems with Verizon's lollipop updates either