Verizon Note 4 users - where is our update???

Dustoff-00

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Do you have to root to install Debloater?

No root required. The Verizon Note 4 can't be permanently rooted. Someone in this discussion put the link up for downloading the debloating tool. That tool gets loaded onto your computer - USB your Note 4 to the computer and turn off all the extra junk VZW installs on your device using the newly installed software.

Word of CAUTION - Turning off the wrong stuff will render your phone useless......BE CAREFUL!!!! Oh, I am not responsible for mistakes, so read a lot before messing with that program. Good luck.

TechNut79

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
I've given up on any further firmware updates for the Verizon Note 4. If it happens, good, but I'm not expecting it.

Posted via the Android Central App

twinsfan1313

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
I got so frustrated with the way my note 4 was acting that i gave it to my teenager and went out and bought a Moto X Pure Edition. I miss my Note.. but I don't miss all the Verizon crap on my phone and lack of updates.

msokad

May 18, 2011
Visit site
They made some type of change to the page, but the 4 files are old. Not really holding my breath for anything good.

dc5_k20z1

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
Looks like just security update.

It is Android 5.1.1 😂👍🍻👏😲

Software Version: LMY47X.N910VVRU2BOK3

Android™ 5.1.1 provides the latest security updates and bug fixes.
Supports Android for Work. To learn more, go to https://www.google.com/work/android/
Upgrades to Samsung Knox Platform, a comprehensive suite of mobile enterprise security solutions
Removes pre-loaded Amazon® Appstore and Amazon Widgets from the device

dc5_k20z1

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
Ah okay I must have missed that link earlier. When I clicked the list of updates and Jan 11 popped up it did not show what the update details were. Wow can't believe they are actually releasing this update now. We can probably look forward to MM next year lol

Yup! I thought the original t-mobile Note 4 variant got 5.1.1 kinda late, especially since their T3 variant came loaded with it in October or so. Sprint got it way back in August, AT&T pushed it in October. Here we are in almost mid January hahaha.

They will probably push out Marshmallow 6.0 to us in January of 2017, while all the other Note 4 variants get a Marshmallow 6.0.1 build starting in February or March of this year! We only have another 11 months to wait for that old 6.0 build! Yay!

Jowlah

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
This means that Android 6 for the Verizon note 4 will be out by late 2017. 😢

Ha! I have the Galaxy Note Edge. Imagine my wait for Marshmallow! Lol! At least I'm patient. It will get here for me when it's ready. Verizon is and always will be notorious for its tardy updates, with a couple of exceptions.

Posted From my Verizon Galaxy Note Edge via the Android Central App... And Don't Eat The Yellow Snow!