Verizon Note 4 users - where is our update???

kirksucks

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Just updated. Opened camera (storage set to card) took a pic hit preview.. Lag was like 8 seconds.

Posted via the Android Central App

kirksucks

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Does the class of the memory card affect the lag you think?

I never changed my card.

Just checked again... 6-8 seconds on card. 3-4 on phone memory. Friend's s6 is instantaneous. I had to do a double-take to see what camera app they were using.

anticlutch

Sep 25, 2013
Visit site
This update brings me mixed emotions. I'm happy that 5.1.1 has finally been pushed OTA but given how long it's taken Verizon to push such an old update to our phones, I'm seriously doubting us getting 6.x anytime soon (if ever). But at least if they decide to abandon the Note 4 it'll be on the most stable version of Lollipop so it's not that bad, either.

mikeng714

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
Is there a way to check without taking it out?

No way of speeding up the transition to gallery on the stock camera. This has been noted on several forum. I think it won't get fixed. However I use snap camera. Such a better camera and viewing picture is a snap. Should check it out as an alternative.

pmjj

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site
I do hope it does not take this long to get the marshmallow update, but then we are talking Verizon. lol

kobe008

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
I just took a pic and then pushed the gallery preview button and it took like 1 second to open. Much faster than before. My photos are saved to a Class 4 SD card so nothing too fast.

I did do a factory reset after updating to 5.1.1

Tadrift

Aug 19, 2015
Visit site
Well the crappy 5.0.1 update has me seriously considering buying another note 4 unlocked from att and moving my service to cricket. Surprisingly better coverage when I'm at especially now with this update and lack of cell coverage from the phone not pulling in the signal

This is smart. Run the numbers. I bet it saves you a lot of money. Cricket is really good. We are all creatures of habit. But you Verizon users sure are like the abuse.

clownin72

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
This is smart. Run the numbers. I bet it saves you a lot of money. Cricket is really good. We are all creatures of habit. But you Verizon users sure are like the abuse.
Funny thing is I already did this last month and so far so good. Cricket is excellent where I'm At and half the cost. I was a Verizon customer for 7 plus years

arshort

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
Odd, Got the update, went to the advanced settings under Wi-Fi and saw "Automatically connect to AT&T Wi-Fi Hotspot when detected". I have a Verizon Note 4.

tekmantoo

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
My Verizon Note 4 still does not have the update and every time I go to the software update settings to check for an update all I get is "software update is temporarily unavailable" try again later. I've been getting this for three days. Before it would always say my phone was up to date. Any ideas? Oh and I already did a factory reset thinking that that might help.

Last edited:
Apr 23, 2015
Visit site
I never changed my card.

Just checked again... 6-8 seconds on card. 3-4 on phone memory. Friend's s6 is instantaneous. I had to do a double-take to see what camera app they were using.

Reset your camera settings, and you will see the difference.
(Samsung Evo 32gb Class 10)

scuba_steve

May 1, 2011
Visit site
So, perhaps I missed it, but I don't get what the real value is.

Bug fixes. Got it. Good stuff. But the other stuff? Amazon Appstore deleted, Android for Work added, and updates to Samsung Knox. Not exactly a huge impact for most users.

I see that I can no longer clear my wifi notification when connected to a network via that interface. Whatever. I also saw something about an ability to automatically connect to AT&T hotspots. Umm, okay.

What am I missing?

scribe4food

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I don't know why I hate to admit this, but my phone is noticeably faster, and the battery life better since the 5.1.1 update. Certain things that were lagging, are more fluid now in function. I guess this is me feeling a sense of happiness.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Samira