5.1.1 downloaded how do I stop it from updating. Still on 4.4.4 T-Mobile

verhouze

Oct 26, 2013
Visit site
I am still on 4.4.4 Note 4 T-Mobile. The update snuck on me when I turned on my phone this morning. It is downloaded but I delayed the update. How do I make it go away. Unless of course there are really compelling reasons why I should update. Everything runs fine now. I have heard there are still problems with Lollipop. I have pretty good battery now and don't want to ruin it.

Sammuel1973

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
How does your battery do? During the night when it is inactive?
I think it's fine. You may want to get a different TMobile 5.1.1 user opinion because I don't use the battery the conventional way. I rarely need to plug in my phone or charge it in the day since I always use my secondary battery, swap it later in the day to be 100% charged again. With the extra charger for my spare battery, I charge both at night, and wake up to 2 fresh batteries daily. Therefore, I never need to worry about how my battery life is doing. I tend to go all out with my usage, knowing that I always have a spare battery handy.

verhouze

Oct 26, 2013
Visit site
I think it's fine. You may want to get a different TMobile 5.1.1 user opinion because I don't use the battery the conventional way. I rarely need to plug in my phone or charge it in the day since I always use my secondary battery, swap it later in the day to be 100% charged again. With the extra charger for my spare battery, I charge both at night, and wake up to 2 fresh batteries daily. Therefore, I never need to worry about how my battery life is doing. I tend to go all out with my usage, knowing that I always have a spare battery handy.

And that would be why I am so PO'd with Samsung removing parts.

Deke218

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
I'm loving the update on my TMO N4. Battery life is EXTREMELY better! Haven't check SOT yet but I got to work yesterday and neglected to plug the phone in. Usually I'll be at about 65-70% battery remaining after an 8 hour day of normal usage. Yesterday I was surprised to find I was at 86%. Today I'll put it through a power user test to see how it does. You really should run the update. 5.01 was terrible. 5.1.1 is the best I've ever seen on an Android device.

verhouze

Oct 26, 2013
Visit site
I'm loving the update on my TMO N4. Battery life is EXTREMELY better! Haven't check SOT yet but I got to work yesterday and neglected to plug the phone in. Usually I'll be at about 65-70% battery remaining after an 8 hour day of normal usage. Yesterday I was surprised to find I was at 86%. Today I'll put it through a power user test to see how it does. You really should run the update. 5.01 was terrible. 5.1.1 is the best I've ever seen on an Android device.

Did you do a master reset after installing?

mary beth hale

Jun 9, 2014
Visit site
5.1.1 on my t-mobile note 4 is fantastic! Would not hesitate to let it download. Peppy with excellent battery life. My experience. Edit... I did do a factory reset after though. Just something I always do after big update.

Sanjay Ramoutar

Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
Honestly, in my opinion nothing can beat Kit Kat. I downloaded 5.0.1 in error before and it was a nightmare, phone was lagging all the time, battery life was worse than with Kit Kat and the list goes on. I recently got 5.1.1, and while it's much much better than 5.0.1, I needed to do a factory reset, because the battery life was extremely bad first time I did the download. I live outside of the USA, so it's an unlocked phone and as such my carrier is going to be different from you guys. Hope this helps.

Sanjay

Posted via the Android Central App

verhouze

Oct 26, 2013
Visit site
Im having to download every single install since 4.4.4. 5.0, 5.01, 5.1. Now it is downloading one over wifi. Hope thats it. Fingers crossed all goes well.

verhouze

Oct 26, 2013
Visit site
All done. Everything seems fine and I now don't know what all the fuss was about. I have not found it necessary to do a master reset. I have however cleaned cache 3 times as that is what it took to make an error go away.

I did have one thing that bothered me was one of those cleaner programs that seems to have installed with 5.1.1. I want that gone and can't turn it off. Anyone know about that? Its Cheeta Mobile Clean Master.

Sanjay Ramoutar

Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
All done. Everything seems fine and I now don't know what all the fuss was about. I have not found it necessary to do a master reset. I have however cleaned cache 3 times as that is what it took to make an error go away.

I did have one thing that bothered me was one of those cleaner programs that seems to have installed with 5.1.1. I want that gone and can't turn it off. Anyone know about that? Its Cheeta Mobile write Clean Master.

Don't quote me, but I think that may be embedded in Smart Manager in 5.1.1. I'm glad you're liking it, my phone is working pretty good now after I did the factory reset, but one thing I realise is that everybody's experience is different. So in your case, you're actually quite lucky you didn't have to. Enjoy your Note 4😉

Sanjay

Posted via the Android Central App

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21