I just got the OTA update and I'm not sure what is new with the update or did it change anything?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Android Central
    12-08-2015 01:06 AM
    Iirc mainly a different battery menu (including the awful smart manager) and an almost lag free recent apps button.
    12-08-2015 04:10 AM
    EXTREMELY better battery life!
    12-08-2015 07:59 AM
    I've noticed a better battery life but have also noticed that it doesn't charge as fast

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Android Central
    12-08-2015 12:45 PM
    I'm on Verizon so I probably won't see the 5.1.1 update until marshmallow 6.3 is ready to roll out. I will live vicariously through everyone else that has the update.

I am in the process of making my Note 4 self aware.
    Tatt2014 likes this.
    12-08-2015 01:05 PM
    I have T-Mobile and got the update a couple of days ago. So far, I'm not impressed. I now have issues with WiFi and WiFi Calling, which I didn't before.

We have a web filter where I work (school district). You have to authenticate to it before you can browse the web. And since T-Mobile's signal doesn't penetrate our building very well, I have to use WiFi and the WiFi Calling feature to be able to reliably make and receive phone calls.

Before the update, I would come in, turn on WiFi, and it would connect. I would then open my browser, authenticate to the web filter, and then WiFi Calling would enable automatically.

After the update, when I connect to the WiFi, it pops up a message saying "WiFi disconnected, sign-in required." WHAT?? How can you sign in if the WiFi disconnects? Here's what happens, and what I end up having to do now:

1) I turn on WiFi, it connects, and WiFi Calling starts to enable.
    2) WiFi disconnects, saying "Sign-in required." (Again... WHAT??)
    3) I go to Settings --> WiFi, reconnect. Still says "Sign-in required," but stays connected this time.
    4) I open my web browser and authenticate to the web filter.
    5) WiFi Calling gets stuck on "Enabling" and never enables.
    6) I have to restart my phone. After restarting, WiFi connects and WiFi Calling enables properly.

I have had to do this 3 days in a row since my phone got the update, so I'm pretty sure it's not a fluke. Anyone experiencing similar WiFi troubles?
    12-08-2015 03:54 PM