I was really upset when the Note 5 came out and removed all the great features we bought the phone for.

For anybody that loves all the features in the Note 4 that were cut out of Note 5, The LG V10 is what the Note 6 should of been (yes, its better than what the best scenario of Note 5 could of been). The V10 has ALL of the Note 4 features and more. I have these 2 phones side by side and their is no comparison. The Note 4 is a slug! Samsung has been such a huge disappointment in 2015 and I am ecstatic that there is a phone that is this good with the LG V10. Do yourself a favor and get it. I've had the Note 2, 3, and 4 but the V10 is unreal and blows the doors off the former Samsung champ! I was fortunate enough to get in for the Nov 15 200gb++ deadline but LG has another promo for free 64gb, battery and battery cradle. I promise you will be delighted you made the switch. Not only was the iphonesque direction Samsung took disappointing but the existing phone got worse since buying including disabling the stock remote control app and forcing you to an ugly upgrade that was actually a downgrade. The Android 5.0/5.1 update was awful. Talk about nail in the coffin for the Note. I'm just thankful the V10 came along!!!!! Its light years ahead of this Note 4 I had.

geez, those doink noises were so annoying with Samsung's over the years. Touchwiz was definately a kids theme but the phone was good on paper. lol
    12-08-2015 12:28 PM
    Glad you liked it! I tried the G4 along the Note 5, and couldn't love it. So I was back on the Note (and still am, just use the S-Pen too much). Glad to hear the V10 is faring well, maybe I'll give it a go.
    12-08-2015 12:38 PM
    Enjoy your V10, I am not at all interested in it due to the weaker Snapdragon 808 CPU, the GPU in the 808 (Adreno 418) is weaker than the GPU in the 805 (420) found in the Note 4.

For me nothing in 2015 is an upgrade from a Note 4, even the V10 has a lesser 3000mAh battery, no Pen, and awkwardly place finger print scanner.

I'll wait for the Note 6.

Enjoy your V10 though man, its a nice phone.
    12-08-2015 01:03 PM
    I'll wait for the note 6. Love the pen too much.

I am in the process of making my Note 4 self aware.
    FSU30, stackberry369 and grunt0300 like this.
    12-08-2015 02:09 PM
    Happy that you like it, Mkbhd did an amazing video on this phone and why it's underrated. Personally my choice of the year would have easily been the G4 because the V10 has the second screen on a tough to reach location (at the top).

I think the camera is best in smartphone class only exception might be the Linus 1520.

For me I still love my Note 4 no lag although the recent apps button could be faster

anyhow glad you've found a phone you like! Whenever I decide to upgrade the next phone will be a LG phone if samsung doesn't come to their senses
    Nitro211K likes this.
    12-08-2015 02:23 PM
    I was really upset when the Note 5 came out and removed all the great features we bought the phone for.

For anybody that loves all the features in the Note 4 that were cut out of Note 5, The LG V10 is what the Note 6 should of been (yes, its better than what the best scenario of Note 5 could of been). The V10 has ALL of the Note 4 features and more. I have these 2 phones side by side and their is no comparison. The Note 4 is a slug! Samsung has been such a huge disappointment in 2015 and I am ecstatic that there is a phone that is this good with the LG V10. Do yourself a favor and get it. I've had the Note 2, 3, and 4 but the V10 is unreal and blows the doors off the former Samsung champ! I was fortunate enough to get in for the Nov 15 200gb++ deadline but LG has another promo for free 64gb, battery and battery cradle. I promise you will be delighted you made the switch. Not only was the iphonesque direction Samsung took disappointing but the existing phone got worse since buying including disabling the stock remote control app and forcing you to an ugly upgrade that was actually a downgrade. The Android 5.0/5.1 update was awful. Talk about nail in the coffin for the Note. I'm just thankful the V10 came along!!!!! Its light years ahead of this Note 4 I had.

geez, those doink noises were so annoying with Samsung's over the years. Touchwiz was definately a kids theme but the phone was good on paper. lol
    So since your new phone has ALL the great features of a Note 4 it has an S-Pen and multi-window and ability to work well with the Samsung Gear watches?
    12-08-2015 04:57 PM
    Not sure if Gear compatibility, and it definitely doesn't have the S-Pen, but it does have multi-window. It's a different implementation, but the end result is the same. The G4 had it was well.

It's all about preferences. Some people bought the Note 5 not for the S-Pen, but because of the screen size. That throne is no longer exclusive to the Note line, so plenty of other options out there! If you're not hooked on using the S-Pen, then the Note isn't exactly your only option (for that matter, you could go to an S6 Edge+). The Note line also had an awesome camera that was matched/surpassed by a few, and LG is one of those few now.

To me, 'losing' SD Card and removable battery wasn't an issue since the Note takes me through a whole day without problems and I never really used SD Cards (but went with the 64GB model just in case), but to many it was a deal breaker. And if I were to go on vacation, I'd probably would miss the battery at least (but a portable fast-charging battery pack and I'm happy again).

Again, it's all about choice I'm hooked on the S-Pen, but if someone comes up with a really superior phone, I might just give it a try
    _YoKolorMeBadd likes this.
    12-08-2015 05:04 PM
    Double post... sorry.
    12-26-2015 03:09 AM

You know, I agree 100% with you and am getting rid of my Note 4 in January and buying a LG v10. It's an awesome phone!
    12-26-2015 03:33 AM
    They should of packed a larger battery in it..

Posted via the Android Central App
    12-30-2015 12:14 AM
    I wish other phone makers would properly implement a stylus/pen.
    S-pen is the main reason I stick with Samsung.
    12-30-2015 09:32 AM
    Now if they had the same phone as a Nexus I would have bought that. I'm still on the Note 3 but would have given it up. I love the spen but I want the SD card and removable battery more.

I MIGHT be done with any phone that is not a Nexus. Haven't fully decided yet. I want the updates quicker than it currently takes for companies to get them out.

Posted via Android Central App
    12-30-2015 01:13 PM
    Now if they had the same phone as a Nexus I would have bought that. I'm still on the Note 3 but would have given it up. I love the spen but I want the SD card and removable battery more.

I MIGHT be done with any phone that is not a Nexus. Haven't fully decided yet. I want the updates quicker than it currently takes for companies to get them out.

Besides my Note 4, i have a Nexus 5, and i do get quick updates(6.0, 6.0.1), however, Marshmallow is not as good as Lollipop, so the quick updates are meaningless.
    huntnyc likes this.
    12-30-2015 01:26 PM
    First and foremost - It's made by LG. Meaning forget future support for your experimental device.

There's a reason LG was giving away the store to people who purchased this device... Might have something to do with the overseas reviews. It did not receive warm reviews here or overseas. As with some LG products, better sooner forgotten than purchased.

Hello to the new king of smartphones? LG V10?

No, not a king.. Maybe the Court Jester on Meth but not a King. But if you need to tell yourself that...
    grunt0300 likes this.
    12-30-2015 02:26 PM
    I looked at LG V10 recently when I was switching from BB to Android.I wanted a phone with removable battery and SD card.I narrowed my choice down to LG g4, note 4, and LG v10.i read reviews on all the V10's were not great and all talked about poor battery and easily broken screens.For me I decided on Note 4 and am very happy I did.its a great phone.

12-30-2015 03:22 PM
    Besides my Note 4, i have a Nexus 5, and i do get quick updates(6.0, 6.0.1), however, Marshmallow is not as good as Lollipop, so the quick updates are meaningless.
    Having marshmallow isn't what I'm concerned about. At least you have the security updates, no?

01-04-2016 01:06 PM
    Having marshmallow isn't what I'm concerned about. At least you have the security updates, no?

Yes. I get all the security updates.
    01-04-2016 03:42 PM
    Monthly like google is trying to do on the Note 4?

01-06-2016 01:18 PM
    All the Note should be yet lacking the core feature and functionality of the Note series, the S Pen.

V10 is a great phone, but it's not a note and doesn't have the features of a note.

Hope you enjoy it.

01-07-2016 03:48 PM
    The Galaxy Note Edge disagrees. Enjoy your new phone, I have been enjoying my Note Edge since November 2014.

Posted Via Galaxy Note Edge. Yea, the phone is perfect...
    01-07-2016 09:27 PM
    I was going to dispute the perfect phone. But after looking at the specs the only thing it doesn't have is getting the updates right away. A requirement for my next phone.

A Nexus is likely my next phone. Currently still running the Note 3 and probably will wait until the next round of Nexus' come out.

01-27-2016 01:14 PM