09-02-2016 09:05 PM
93 1234
tools
    Those are some strange issues, sounds like you got a lemon.

My Note 4 has been great.
    12-10-2015 02:21 PM
    Bingo
    mary beth hale likes this.
    12-10-2015 02:45 PM
    All the phones I owned before the Note 4 were worse than my Note 4. The Note 4 has been the best phone I ever owned.

Posted via the Android Central App
    grunt0300 and mary beth hale like this.
    12-10-2015 02:54 PM
    I have had my Note 4 since a year ago last November.

12-10-2015 02:56 PM
    I've been in the Settings, Applications, Test section and found nothing about first letter.

The phone is too sensitive, when it rings and I touch anything but the sides or the back I get the prompt to text the person with one of the auto responses or one of the other options. I even put the phone in my pocket upside down so I don't hit the home button and I still have problems. I just had a call that I could not pickup for whatever reason.

My other complaint is that when a text comes in I have to do a dance of a thousand strokes to get to my message. I don't want to mention any names but my last phone I only had to swipe the message and the phone opened directly to the section with the message. This phone is a PITA!
    Why don't you bring it in to your carrier, and have a knowledgeable rep show you how to use the phone's settings, to accomplish what you want? Please don't blame the phone, if you don't know how to use it properly.
    12-10-2015 09:42 PM
    Yeah, I've had worse phones. I've not had a single problem with my Note 4. The best solution for you is get something else.

grunt0300 likes this.
    12-10-2015 10:38 PM
    Have you tried "easy mode"?

Posted via the Android Central App Note 4
    Attached Thumbnails Has anyone had a worse phone than the Samsung Galaxy Note 4?-screenshot_2015-12-11-23-54-35.jpg   Has anyone had a worse phone than the Samsung Galaxy Note 4?-screenshot_2015-12-11-23-54-46.jpg  
    Xingularity and kpdx like this.
    12-12-2015 01:55 AM
    +1

12-12-2015 02:19 AM
    I'll have to agree on the auto capitalizing,I have it on but It will not work after a period unless I put a space behind the period.Why is that?
    12-12-2015 06:57 AM
    It never worked for me. on two Samungs and now a Motorola, using Samsung or SwiftKey keyboards. In a way I prefer It.
    12-12-2015 07:46 AM
    He needs an iPhone it's just a phone and doesn't allow you to customize it, then he will complain about there being no back button.

Hahaha, you took the words right out of my mouth my friend.
    BTW, love my Note 4!

grunt0300 and Mr-Guy like this.
    12-12-2015 07:57 AM
    I'll have to agree on the auto capitalizing,I have it on but It will not work after a period unless I put a space behind the period.Why is that?
    There should be a space after the period. Comma also BTW.
    Xingularity likes this.
    12-12-2015 11:14 AM
    It may work for some periods, but not other periods.
    For some it doesn't work at all in any period. Period.
    12-12-2015 01:53 PM
    Either you're a ringer for some other competition or you haven't played around enough with you're phone. Most the the issues you talked about can be rectified in the settings.

I am in the process of making my Note 4 self aware.
    shaleem and mary beth hale like this.
    12-12-2015 03:36 PM
    Either you're a ringer for some other competition or you haven't played around enough with you're phone. Most the the issues you talked about can be rectified in the settings.

+1 for that. Since your Note 4 is almost self aware, maybe you could help me with my problem? I have the AT&T Note 4, but i don't seem to have the s-planner widget installed. Is there a way to bring it on to my home screen? Maybe i have to go into some other setting first? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
    12-12-2015 04:06 PM
    There should be a space after the period. Comma also BTW.
    Google's keyboard automatically puts a space after a period and capitalizes the next sentence

12-12-2015 04:36 PM
    I gotta say that the note 4 is one of the best phones I've ever had along with the s4. The only thing I can complain about is the 5.0.1 update Verizon stuck us with and is causing me to switch providers. But I will purchasing another unlocked note 4 to use because it's that good of a device
    The difference once you update to 5.1.1 is amazing.
    12-12-2015 11:35 PM
    It never worked for me. on two Samungs and now a Motorola, using Samsung or SwiftKey keyboards. In a way I prefer It.
    SwiftKey FTW
    anon8380037 likes this.
    12-13-2015 08:00 AM
    Nope. The Note 4 has been one of the best phones I've ever used.
    Really. Things are going so smoothly, I'm wondering why I should even bother to upgrade next Fall (my typical 2 year cycle). I may just keep it for another year. (Then again, I've succumbed before....)
    anon8380037 likes this.
    12-13-2015 08:47 AM
    Everyone has their own personal use case and the phone they love, you might hate.

Something that I always try to remind myself when talking about my personal tastes in tech; don't make the mistake of assuming everyone else's experiences match my own.
    Such wise words. If only everyone could live by them.
    12-13-2015 12:10 PM
    The difference once you update to 5.1.1 is amazing.
    Hopefully when I sell the Verizon note 4 the new owner can get the joy of that. When I receive my at&t version later this week I hope it's already preloaded
    12-13-2015 09:58 PM
    +1 for that. Since your Note 4 is almost self aware, maybe you could help me with my problem? I have the AT&T Note 4, but i don't seem to have the s-planner widget installed. Is there a way to bring it on to my home screen? Maybe i have to go into some other setting first? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
    Are using a different launcher other than touch wiz? If so you probably can only use the s-planner widget in touch wiz only.

12-14-2015 04:40 PM
    All my past 12 Cell phones from the last 17 years are worse than this Note 4
    grunt0300 and kurt p like this.
    12-14-2015 05:00 PM
    Are using a different launcher other than touch wiz? If so you probably can only use the s-planner widget in touch wiz only.

Got a widget from the Play Store, so i'm good to go. Thanks.
    12-14-2015 06:16 PM
    I always like when someone post issues about a device that no one else is having those same issues?...
    But when the tide in explanations capture concern to the validity in the user knowing how to use the phone?
    In especially in not giving any reason not returning to the proprietor for assessment if it's phone or user? in gaining a warentee replacement/exchange.
    It's what most people do when having issues with a phone!
    For the sensitivity issue, I fear you may have delved into the settings without knowledge by what you could have done by it?
    As I tell most users of any computing device. Don't touch settings you don't know about!
    The Galaxy Note 4 has adjustments in 'Increased' Screen Sensitivity when using gloves!
    So if you Touched those settings likely be the cause in over sensitivity.
    For me, it's got to the point when friends/family come to me to solve in what could have been easily solved if they had educated themselves with the device in the first place!,
    Just the other day a friend/acquaintance asked me to look at their new iPhone, because it was not working?..
    I tried to turn it on?, but Nothing! ZERO! Zip! NADA!
    So I plugged it in the Lightning to USB Cable in about five minutes the iPhone miraculously worked PERFECTLY!... AMAZING!
    You see the iPhone worked only until the charge ran out on the battery! ¯\​​​​(°_o)/¯
    Go Figure?
    as USAMax said in
    I have a lot of problems in my life and over 90% of them are with this POS that I was laughingly sold as a Smart Phone as it is anything but... Hate does not even come close to how I feel about this phone
    A SMARTPHONE WILL NEVER MAKE UP FOR WHATS LACKING IN SELF?,
    IT IS A TOOL TO USE LIKE A HAMMER!
    and If you Throw hammer around to likely break things with it

To me by what was posted here by USAMax is likely when people complain about a device they probaly are too ill-equipped​ to use!,
    I'm not trying to be mean,
    but seriously, if Samsung had created a phone with so many problems?
    THEN HOW THE HELL DID THEY SELL SO MANY IN MAKING HAPPY SATISFIED OWNERS?
    I AM ONE OF THEM!

Just like automobiles in when there are people who get behind the wheel to cause a list of tragedies​ by their limitations​ for the task in driving..
    So is the case in when the irony in people who get a smartphone to not be equal by it.
    People with the least amount in skills for smartphones should get an iPhone first, if problems still persist?
    Then downgrade to a Flip phone.
    Android, Windows Mobile, Blackberry are phones that require a greater knowledge and experience with mobile technology, it's Obvious!
    The iPhone luckily is made for people with little to no technical knowledge to fake as one who pretends to know! (No insult intended!, just being honest!).
    If USAMax thinks he is capable?, then he should watch one or more videos available to educate oneself of the Galaxy Note 4 proper use!

Believe me there are Hundreds of Thousands videos!

The Galaxy Note 4 was one of the most advanced smartphones at the time of it's introduction, so I can't belive USAMax is blaming the phone?
    If it were some hardware thing?, then the smart course of action would have been to return to the place of purchace like T-Mobile or whoever was the seller?.. They certainly could had determined if it was the Phones fault!
    This isn't Rocket Science Folks!
    When my phone rings I have to be carful I don't touch the wrong thing or I might prompt a response I don't want.
    Well Duh?
    DON'T TOUCH THE WRONG THING!
    The one good thing about it is that it has to be indestructible because I punch and throw it on a daily basis because of all the problems I have with it.
    I hope he doesnt have relationship problems? otherwise being punched and thrown around might need a bit of Therapy?
    There are so many problems with USAMax's post of troubles.. I just don't know where to begin or end?

One last bit of advice.... Read everything you write more than once, wait ten minutes, repeat rinse before exicuting the command of ENTER!
    as your posting here gave for a troubled interpetation.
    12-15-2015 04:30 AM
93 1234