Has anyone had a worse phone than the Samsung Galaxy Note 4?

USAMax

Dec 9, 2015
Visit site
There is so much wrong with my note 4 that I cannot wait for my contract to expire just so I can get ANYTHING BUT A SAMSUNG!

When my phone rings I have to be carful I don't touch the wrong thing or I might prompt a response I don't want.

Texting is not smart enough to know that the first letter of every sentence has to be capitalized.

I look at emails or delete them only to have them come back in 7 to 10 days later as new.

Oh, I've been looking to complain about all the problems for so long that not that I'm here I've forgotten most of them.

The one good thing about it is that it has to be indestructible because I punch and throw it on a daily basis because of all the problems I have with it. I have a lot of problems in my life and over 90% of them are with this POS that I was laughingly sold as a Smart Phone as it is anything but... Hate does not even come close to how I feel about this phone!

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
Sorry you are having so many issues. I guess I was fortunate to not have any major issues with my note 4. Had I not fell in love with the note 5 I never would have stopped using my 4.

charles777

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
Have you even looked through the settings menu ?
You can choose to auto-capitalize the first letter of every sentence in the keyboard settings.
If you go into Call Settings, you can select how you wish to answer and end calls including using the home button.
There are many alternate email applications you can use if the default one is giving you grief.
Not sure why you're venting in the Note 5 forum but I'm sorry you've had such a bad experience.
I think most would agree that the Note 4 is an excellent device and quite a smart one at that.... perhaps you can sit down with somebody who can show you around the settings menu and offer you solutions to your issues.
Good luck !

piinkRainbowz

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Have you even looked through the settings menu ?
You can choose to auto-capitalize the first letter of every sentence in the keyboard settings.
If you go into Call Settings, you can select how you wish to answer and end calls including using the home button.
There are many alternate email applications you can use if the default one is giving you grief.
Not sure why you're venting in the Note 5 forum but I'm sorry you've had such a bad experience.
I think most would agree that the Note 4 is an excellent device and quite a smart one at that.... perhaps you can sit down with somebody who can show you around the settings menu and offer you solutions to your issues.
Good luck !
This!

Maybe its time to breath and look at some "how do i use my phone properly" videos/blogs

Mark Valentine

Mar 20, 2014
Visit site
Alot of those problems could have been solved by digging deeper into the phones vast amount of settings. Maybe your N4 problems occurred for your abuse and lack of care? I've made the jump from the N3 to N4 and now Im using the N5. I've never had such problems with any of my note phones. The only complaint I had was the lack of attention that Samsung had for updating the N4.

anon(632115)

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
As everyone is saying read the user manual, explore the device properly, search on the internet for help as you'll only complain about the next brand you buy. This is 100% user error. If you can't be bothered to get used to the device then use forums like this one which is designed to help you get the most out of your device. There are many helpful people here who have no vested interest in any brand

pinkvikchick

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
One thing that's really nice about this forum is there is not even an iota of hostility (that I've noticed) OR trolling (that I've noticed) as compared to forums for some of the other handsets/platform forums. People that have posted have legitimate problems/issues or interesting things to share. This post just made me laugh.

OceanView

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
The Note 4 is a really great device. I'm still using mine even though I have other great phones in rotation.
To me it seems that you have not properly looked into resolving your issues with the phone. I have not had any of the issues that you've mention happen to my Note 4 but then I don't throw the phone around either.

USAMax

Dec 9, 2015
Visit site
I've been in the Settings, Applications, Test section and found nothing about first letter.

The phone is too sensitive, when it rings and I touch anything but the sides or the back I get the prompt to text the person with one of the auto responses or one of the other options. I even put the phone in my pocket upside down so I don't hit the home button and I still have problems. I just had a call that I could not pickup for whatever reason.

My other complaint is that when a text comes in I have to do a dance of a thousand strokes to get to my message. I don't want to mention any names but my last phone I only had to swipe the message and the phone opened directly to the section with the message. This phone is a PITA!

bassplayrguy

Trusted Member
May 3, 2013
Visit site
There is so much wrong with my note 4 that I cannot wait for my contract to expire just so I can get ANYTHING BUT A SAMSUNG!

When my phone rings I have to be carful I don't touch the wrong thing or I might prompt a response I don't want.

Texting is not smart enough to know that the first letter of every sentence has to be capitalized.

I look at emails or delete them only to have them come back in 7 to 10 days later as new.

Oh, I've been looking to complain about all the problems for so long that not that I'm here I've forgotten most of them.

The one good thing about it is that it has to be indestructible because I punch and throw it on a daily basis because of all the problems I have with it. I have a lot of problems in my life and over 90% of them are with this POS that I was laughingly sold as a Smart Phone as it is anything but... Hate does not even come close to how I feel about this phone!

Sounds like a lot of user error. I would suggest watching some youtube videos on the topics you are not familiar with setting up or go with something a little less techy.

TechNut79

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Definitely user error. Most if not all of the issues that were brought up can be taken care of in the settings.

Posted via the Android Central App

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
You also dont have to wait for your contract to be over. You can buy any phone you want to thats compatible with your carrier. If your phone is that bad i would suggest doing this.
Or a hard reset if your phone is that buggy but none of it is user error. :)

chevyman29

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site

well one things for sure if one electronic item was causing 90% of the problems in my life i wouldnt be on here crying about it . i would trash it and move on to a happier existence with something better . lifes to short my friend stay happy .

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site

I have a Moto X 2014 in great condition, be glad to do a straight trade. It's an AT&T edition, though. I can get it unlocked. :)

Mr-Guy

Dec 16, 2014
Visit site
He needs an iPhone it's just a phone and doesn't allow you to customize it, then he will complain about there being no back button.

fatyank

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
Sounds like you have the issues not the phone. If you spend good money for a device then throw it on the floor like a 3 year old, maybe you shouldn't have that device. Grab you a couple tin cans and a long piece of string and start there or find a pay phone, if they still exist.

D Android

Jan 21, 2015
Visit site
He needs an iPhone it's just a phone and doesn't allow you to customize it, then he will complain about there being no back button.

The Note 4 is just too smart for some people. If the OP can't be bothered to go through the settings menu and customize the device then an iPhone won't help either.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21