Has anyone had a worse phone than the Samsung Galaxy Note 4?

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Take it easy.... look, not every phone works for all. Different sizes, different features, different functionality. Everyone has their own personal use case and the phone they love, you might hate.

Something that I always try to remind myself when talking about my personal tastes in tech; don't make the mistake of assuming everyone else's experiences match my own.

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
I'e owned a Note 4 and a Note Edge since last January and have nothing but good experiences with both phones.

I've experienced none of the problems that the OP has.

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Many people join these forums to list problems they are having, get advice and the experiences of others, and can then ascertain if there is a fault or two with the device.

All depends often on where you came from device - wise as to how easy or logically a new phone works for you first time out.

I mistakenly sold my Note 3 too early and couldn't afford a Note 4. I fell in to Motorolaland, (my backup) and when I suddenly had to start using it as a "phone" for work after the Lolipop update I couldn't fathom how to answer a call and looked completely foolish for a day and a half.

If you want to see if it can work for you, ask in these forums.

If you have given up, try something else.

clownin72

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I gotta say that the note 4 is one of the best phones I've ever had along with the s4. The only thing I can complain about is the 5.0.1 update Verizon stuck us with and is causing me to switch providers. But I will purchasing another unlocked note 4 to use because it's that good of a device

rdjr74

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
One thing that's really nice about this forum is there is not even an iota of hostility (that I've noticed) OR trolling (that I've noticed) as compared to forums for some of the other handsets/platform forums. People that have posted have legitimate problems/issues or interesting things to share. This post just made me laugh.

But I want to soooo bad! Maybe it's time for him to move onto an iPhone. Simple, straight forward UI (user interface) without all the tweaks of Sammy's Sense UI. I've had my grips with my note 4 and moved onto the turbo 2 and couldn't be more happy. If I had to I would hesitantly go back to my note. Good luck!

kpdx

Dec 14, 2014
Visit site
All the phones I owned before the Note 4 were worse than my Note 4. The Note 4 has been the best phone I ever owned.

Posted via the Android Central App

anon(631531)

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
I've been in the Settings, Applications, Test section and found nothing about first letter.

The phone is too sensitive, when it rings and I touch anything but the sides or the back I get the prompt to text the person with one of the auto responses or one of the other options. I even put the phone in my pocket upside down so I don't hit the home button and I still have problems. I just had a call that I could not pickup for whatever reason.

My other complaint is that when a text comes in I have to do a dance of a thousand strokes to get to my message. I don't want to mention any names but my last phone I only had to swipe the message and the phone opened directly to the section with the message. This phone is a PITA!

Why don't you bring it in to your carrier, and have a knowledgeable rep show you how to use the phone's settings, to accomplish what you want? Please don't blame the phone, if you don't know how to use it properly.:p

shaleem

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, I've had worse phones. I've not had a single problem with my Note 4. The best solution for you is get something else.

Oct 21, 2015
Visit site
Have you tried "easy mode"?

Posted via the Android Central App Note 4

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-12-11-23-54-35.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-12-11-23-54-35.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 151
  • Screenshot_2015-12-11-23-54-46.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-12-11-23-54-46.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 153

anon(7775)

Jan 17, 2010
Visit site
I'll have to agree on the auto capitalizing,I have it on but It will not work after a period unless I put a space behind the period.Why is that?

Sanjay Ramoutar

Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
He needs an iPhone it's just a phone and doesn't allow you to customize it, then he will complain about there being no back button.

Hahaha, you took the words right out of my mouth my friend.
BTW, love my Note 4!

fragologist

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
Either you're a ringer for some other competition or you haven't played around enough with you're phone. Most the the issues you talked about can be rectified in the settings.

I am in the process of making my Note 4 self aware.

anon(631531)

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
Either you're a ringer for some other competition or you haven't played around enough with you're phone. Most the the issues you talked about can be rectified in the settings.

I am in the process of making my Note 4 self aware.

+1 for that. Since your Note 4 is almost self aware, maybe you could help me with my problem? I have the AT&T Note 4, but i don't seem to have the s-planner widget installed. Is there a way to bring it on to my home screen? Maybe i have to go into some other setting first? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.:confused:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc