Has anyone had a worse phone than the Samsung Galaxy Note 4?

toenail_flicker

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
How you been? Haven't seen you around for awhile.

WHAT!!!! Are you INSANE??? LOL! I hope you enjoy the phone! It's a nice looking phone, and if it works as well for you as your previous Note's then all is good! Good luck, and take care!

Hey! Good to see you. Been busy with life. Popped in from time-to-time, but didn't see a whole lot going on.

I know, right. Sheer insanity. Actually happened by accident. I went to the Sprint store to see the phone and they had a back on the N7 just like the N7 but smooth. Saw no glass and the curved edges are not horrible. I was getting a great deal and goodies from Samsung and Sprint so I went for it. Only afterward did I find that it has the glass back. Kind of bummed, but we'll see. Also not wild about the battery being unavailable to swap.

I'll still be around and I've read your posts and followed where I saw them. Take care in the meantime.

nahoku

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
Well, it's here and it's thin and narrow and fragile looking. Charging now. Fast wireless charging is nice. Wish me luck again, please... :D
GOOD LUCK!!!!!

Better get a case and screen protector on that puppy real quick. Come to think of it, I think it comes with a plastic screen protector, so I guess no rush on that. I looked at the display model while at Costco today. Just wanted to see if there were any scratches on the display model... saw none, front or back. Second time I looked at the phone, but not interested in getting it. Curved edges not that bad at all, but the glass back and no removal battery... I just don't like. Personal preference of course. I'm guessing you'll be posting more in the Note 7 forum, and in fact already saw some of your activity. Have fun with your new phone! GET A GOOD CASE!!! GOOD LUCK again... third time is always the charm!

Aloha!

toenail_flicker

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site

nahoku

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
Yes, I've been following the Note 7 shenanigans! Sometimes I read the Note 7 forum just for entertainment! LOL! I feel the most pain for the people who cracked or scratched the glass on their days-old phone. One guy just accidentally hit it against his desk... I mean, how much force could that have been? This GG5 curved screen is a nix... I don't care how nice it looks... it just aint' functional!

toenail_flicker

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
Yes, I've been following the Note 7 shenanigans! Sometimes I read the Note 7 forum just for entertainment! LOL! I feel the most pain for the people who cracked or scratched the glass on their days-old phone. One guy just accidentally hit it against his desk... I mean, how much force could that have been? This GG5 curved screen is a nix... I don't care how nice it looks... it just aint' functional!
They're in fine shape now. If they participate in the recall they will get a new phone - cracks and scratches gone. IF I scratch/break mine I really hope it's before the recall. Not sure if they will replace if they're non-functional, but if they're working they will get a replacement in the US, I feel sure.

toenail_flicker

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
This GG5 curved screen is a nix... I don't care how nice it looks... it just aint' functional!
Agreed. Three things I don't like - curved screen (doesn't work well for me), no removeable battery, and glass back. All of that said, will I accept a replacement or choose a different device? I'll keep my N7! Wonderful device, discounting the aforementioned dislikes. I love it.

nahoku

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
They're in fine shape now. If they participate in the recall they will get a new phone - cracks and scratches gone. IF I scratch/break mine I really hope it's before the recall. Not sure if they will replace if they're non-functional, but if they're working they will get a replacement in the US, I feel sure.
I'm guessing, no matter the condition of the phone, they're going to replace all phones. I would think they would want to totally get all older Note 7's off the market... to avoid any chance of a suit later on. We'll see.

nahoku

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
Agreed. And I decided to keep it during the exchange wait period unless it drags out. It's that good. ;)
I'm happy you like your phone! It'll be interesting to watch how this recall pans out. I hope Samsung will get the new phones out soon so those who want to keep it don't have to wait too long. After having to eat this much money, hopefully they'll bring out a removable back and battery in the next Note. Even if the back is curved, they could go with composite materials that are stronger, still very nice, and still allow wireless charging. Why glass??? Mostly everyone covers it up with a case anyways. Just don't understand the necessity of it... especially when there's a good chance it'll crack on the first drop.

toenail_flicker

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
I'm happy you like your phone! It'll be interesting to watch how this recall pans out. I hope Samsung will get the new phones out soon so those who want to keep it don't have to wait too long. After having to eat this much money, hopefully they'll bring out a removable back and battery in the next Note. Even if the back is curved, they could go with composite materials that are stronger, still very nice, and still allow wireless charging. Why glass??? Mostly everyone covers it up with a case anyways. Just don't understand the necessity of it... especially when there's a good chance it'll crack on the first drop.
Thanks! I agree. I've never seen a global cell phone recall.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci