Is the Note 4 still a Good Buy?

OceanView

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
for the price range I think the Note 4 is a solid device worth buying still today.
I have both the Note 4 and 5 and I prefer using the 4 due to the available Micro SD slot and removable batteries.
The camera is still good and out performs many cameras on the latest phones.
So yes the note 4 is still worth buying.

azdenn

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Hold on to that Lumia 1520, you will instantly regret trading it... the camera alone makes it worth holding onto... I am not impressed with Android, I come from a Lumia 920 which I dropped and shattered, was given a 1520 as a replacement and loved it. I let it go for access to work apps, which I still don't use.

That wonderful one touch access to the Lumia camera isn't an option on Samsung, and instead becomes a three or four step process on my Galaxy, depending on whether I forget that I can't access the camera instantly and end up turning off the phone instead... the photos seem washed out compared to my Lumia photos, even though the higher resolution should make the Galaxy photos pop....

Last edited:

pduffer

Dec 31, 2010
Visit site
Generally you can swipe straight to the camera from the lock screen on the Note 4 and many if not most Android phones.

Raybo7

Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
My Note 4 is still very smooth even after 9 months of use. I'm using Nova launcher btw, which helps a great deal with lag and stuttering.

Posted from the one and only Note 4

I agree! I'm using Nova Prime and it enhanced my experience with the Note 4. Still a good buy in my book!

Rumblee1

Trusted Member
Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
With its swappable battery, and sd card support, IT'S BETTER. I've got one and love it. But because I'm a tech and phone junkie, I just purchased the LG V10. It, too, is an awesome phone. I go between the 2. About the only difference you'll notice between the note 4 and V10 is the colors on the 10 are a tiny bit washed out compared to the note 4. But if you didn't have both phones to compare, you wouldn't notice. Buy the way I'd have stayed with samsung and the note 5 if they hadn't taken away sd card support. I could have lived with a sealed battery if it were larger. But when you get an offer on a top rated phone like the V10 which included a spare battery and external charger, a 64gb micro SD card, and a $100.00 rebate, it was a no brainer.

Posted via the Android Central App

mary beth hale

Jun 9, 2014
Visit site
I highly value the camera of my smartphone. Samsung and LG seem to be making the best smartphone cameras on Android. Although LG is behind a bit with shaky video capture, and poor audio recording.

So is the Note 4 still a good buy? I've heard Samsung devices don't age well? Possibly due to touchwiz? Does anyone out there still have a smooth Note 4?

Hi bo... What did you decide to get?

bo_woods

May 29, 2015
Visit site
Hi bo... What did you decide to get?

Haven't gotten anything yet. Waiting for this LG G3 I have in the marketplace here and on Windows Central to sell first before i make my purchase.

The LG G3 is really awesome and was essentially me dipping my toe into Android to see how I like it. My first QHD phone too :)

Doesn't seem to be much interest on either forum for some reason.

Tsepz_GP

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site
Haven't gotten anything yet. Waiting for this LG G3 I have in the marketplace here and on Windows Central to sell first before i make my purchase.

The LG G3 is really awesome and was essentially me dipping my toe into Android to see how I like it. My first QHD phone too :)

Doesn't seem to be much interest on either forum for some reason.
Unfortunately the G3 has a bad reputation amongst phone enthusiasts, mainly for lag and overheating. Rather try eBay.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Arnor