Hello I am just using a 64gb sd card for my note 4 so I tried to transfer everything from my old card to this card and 1. Its not taking all the files I'm transferring over 2. Some of the files that did transfer over when I open the folder it's empty when there's supposed to be things in it 3. I decided to put the card in my phone anyway and when I take a picture it saves but later it shows that it's a corrupted picture, I put the storing location to memory card and it's saying it can't store pictures on the card I wasn't going thru this with my old card 32gb....

I also went thru the same thing when I tried a 128gb card I thought it was too much so bumped it down to the 64gb.. I had to put my 32gb back in....
    12-13-2015 12:34 PM
    Backup all your stuff and try reformatting the card that's giving you trouble.
    dabombcra likes this.
    12-13-2015 02:26 PM
    If the new 64gb card is one of those off brands and super cheap, that could be the problem. If I am swapping cards, I usually copy everything off the old card to my PC, then put the new card in and transfer from the PC to the new card in my phone. Also I format the new car in the device it in first.
    dabombcra likes this.
    12-13-2015 02:43 PM
    If the new 64gb card is one of those off brands and super cheap, that could be the problem. If I am swapping cards, I usually copy everything off the old card to my PC, then put the new card in and transfer from the PC to the new card in my phone. Also I format the new car in the device it in first.
    +1. Doing the transfer on a computer makes troubleshooting easier. Also, formatting in device ensures compatibility but it doesn't necessarily ensure that the card is error free if the device merely quick formats. Formatting using a computer with options to verify free space or using some other means to scan and verify each sector of storage is best. Once the card proves good then quick formatting in device can be done.
    dabombcra likes this.
    12-13-2015 03:09 PM
    i have done that and still have the same problem
    12-14-2015 11:10 PM
    i have done that and its still giving me the same problem.. i put everything from my 32gb on my laptop and put both of the cards into my laptop and transferred the files over and it had the same problem even after formatting it in the phone and putting it back in the laptop
    12-14-2015 11:12 PM
    nope the 64gb is a scan disk something and the 128gb is a samsung and i did all that and same problem
    12-14-2015 11:14 PM
    nope the 64gb is a scan disk something and the 128gb is a samsung and i did all that and same problem
    Transfer smaller amounts of data at one time.
    Had a similar problem a couple of years back.
    I had to buy an OTG cable with a sdcard slot to get everything working right.

Sprint Galaxy Tab 4 on 5.1.1 update.
    Gives me hope for 6.0 Marshmallow.
    12-15-2015 08:34 PM
    even after it shows me all files have been transferred i can unplug it from my laptop and connect the phone right back and there will be less files then there was before this is getting frustrating
    12-15-2015 11:13 PM
    what mirco card do you use my 128gb is an samsung evo
    12-15-2015 11:32 PM
    Hello I am just using a 64gb sd card for my note 4
    Remove everything to your computer and format the card in-phone. Then replace everything onto the card. I use a 128GB. You should be fine.
    12-16-2015 11:07 PM
    I just got the Note 4 .I had a sd card 32 GB sandisk.The phone would constantly mount unmount the card.phone saying I removed card.so I could not always access my photos or music.so I bought a Samsung pro 64 GB card formatted it in phone.then I moved all my files from my PC back to card.i have had no problems since.

Posted via the Android Central App
    12-17-2015 05:12 PM
    hello. the 64gb cards i have is sandisk ultra and the 128gb samsung disk is an evo and all 4 of them are doing the samething coping the files but when i open the files theres nothing in them when it should be pictures and music files mostly
    01-13-2016 08:49 AM
    hello. the 64gb cards i have is sandisk ultra and the 128gb samsung disk is an evo and all 4 of them are doing the samething coping the files but when i open the files theres nothing in them when it should be pictures and music files mostly
    What file system are you using?
    01-13-2016 09:05 AM
    Im jus using the file explorer thats on the laptop. Ive put all the files from my 32gb on my laptop and have been trying to tranfer them to my 64gb or 128gb card but get the same results it will copy the folder but the files arent in them. even when i try to copy the files into the empty folder it shows it has transferred but when i exit out of that folder and go back into it the folder is empty again or once i unplug the phone from the laptop the stuff doesnt show up on the phone especially if i restart the phone
    01-13-2016 09:52 AM
    I mean what file system is on the SD card? FAT32, NTFS, exFAT If you have a card reader, connect to your laptop with SD card inserted, right click, select properties. It should show file system in use. Do this for each card
    01-13-2016 09:57 AM
    Im jus using the file explorer thats on the laptop. Ive put all the files from my 32gb on my laptop and have been trying to tranfer them to my 64gb or 128gb card but get the same results it will copy the folder but the files arent in them. even when i try to copy the files into the empty folder it shows it has transferred but when i exit out of that folder and go back into it the folder is empty again or once i unplug the phone from the laptop the stuff doesnt show up on the phone especially if i restart the phone
    I can't tell, your replies to this thread kind of jump back and forth but it sounds like you're still trying to copy using a USB cable between phone and computer . . If so, don't do that; try a USB card reader instead so that you can isolate the issue otherwise you're never going to know if the issue is with the phone or the files themselves. Using a card reader at least you can pull the reader out of the computer, plug it back in again and then verify the files copied over successfully before even bringing the phone itself back into the equation.

Your feedback needs to be specific otherwise it is hard to help you. I know its a pain to document every nuance but when troubleshooting it is helpful to be as specific as possible since one never knows where the source of an issue might be. So . . applying that to the example of using a card reader you should indicate the card reader type, computer type, card make, file system on the card, where it was formatted (in phone or computer), number of files, type of files, program used to copy over (windows explorer? finder?) maybe even depth of folder tree structure . . Sure, in the end maybe most of it will end up being irrelevant but as it stands you never know what might or might not be relevant until the solution is found.
    01-13-2016 05:45 PM