T-Mobile is giving everyone a free cell tower - Nov. 2, 2015

With the frustration of the vzw note 4 customers increasing due to the lack of updates....would you make the switch to t mobile from vzw if you had this gadget?

I am in the process of making my Note 4 self aware.
    12-16-2015 02:03 PM
    No, it's just a cell spot that uses your own home Internet connection to provide cell services. Per the article:

"CellSpot, manufactured by Alcatel-Lucent, hooks up to your home router. Using your Internet connection as backhaul, it broadcasts T-Mobile's 3G, 4G and 4G-voice networks to up to 16 connected devices."

For me that's of no use as I already have good service in my house from Verizon (and pretty much everywhere I go/travel). That's more valuable to me than device updates. Not that I'm interested in updates anyway (froze my Note 4 on KitKat, still very happy with it!).
    I agree
    12-16-2015 04:01 PM
    No, it's just a cell spot that uses your own home Internet connection to provide cell services. Per the article:

"CellSpot, manufactured by Alcatel-Lucent, hooks up to your home router. Using your Internet connection as backhaul, it broadcasts T-Mobile's 3G, 4G and 4G-voice networks to up to 16 connected devices."

For me that's of no use as I already have good service in my house from Verizon (and pretty much everywhere I go/travel). That's more valuable to me than device updates. Not that I'm interested in updates anyway (froze my Note 4 on KitKat, still very happy with it!).
    But if you're stuck with 5.0.1 and want the updates and vzw isn't going to roll them out but you're scared of switching carriers because of service, this might be thing to make a person switch.

12-16-2015 08:06 PM
    But if you're stuck with 5.0.1 and want the updates and vzw isn't going to roll them out but you're scared of switching carriers because of service, this might be thing to make a person switch.

Cellular service vs. customer service are different in this case. VZW cellular service is exceptional for my needs (I travel a lot all over the world). However, VZW customer service has turned awful and with the continued delay of updates (knowing that their own web site has thousands of complaints about this subject) makes them even worse.
    12-16-2015 08:52 PM
    Nope! TMo gave me one last year trying to keep me as a customer. When you live where I do zero cell service (except for VZW) + crappy slow internet, it is not a solution. Not happy with the slow updates from VZW but at least I have service!
    Dustoff-00 likes this.
    12-17-2015 10:25 AM
    Nope! TMo gave me one last year trying to keep me as a customer. When you live where I do zero cell service (except for VZW) + crappy slow internet, it is not a solution. Not happy with the slow updates from VZW but at least I have service!
    Agreed...make your complaints known here. We are not alone.

https://community.verizonwireless.co.../galaxy-note-4
    WalkingHorse likes this.
    12-17-2015 11:15 AM
    Hah... Not a solution for me. My home Internet solution is a wireless solution through our utility company. It is 1Mb/0.5Mb, shared amongs our Dish DVR, a printer, a Samsung Tab 4 my son has our two cell phones (soon to be three), and 4 laptops. We have to tell my boy to stop streaming YouTube at times.
    We are out in the "boonies". I wish Charter/Spectrum would extend their fiber that is two miles away. We have a neighborhood of around 50 or more homes.
    12-24-2015 06:25 PM