08-14-2017 01:24 PM
50 12
tools
    When my phone gets to 30% left it will die. Do I need a new battery?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Android Central
    12-18-2015 04:51 PM
    When my phone gets to 30% left it will die. Do I need a new battery?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Android Central
    Only one post is necessary for the same question. We don't need two asking the same thing. Chances are your battery needs to be replaced. I had the same problem and a new battery solved it.
    12-18-2015 05:18 PM
    That or reset your battery stats (a factory reset can do this if you're not sure how). If that doesn't work, yes new battery.
    12-18-2015 05:43 PM
    12-18-2015 06:02 PM
    Yeah mine does that too but its at a lower % the last time it did it was 18%, rebooted flashed 5% then just shut off and was at 0% in a matter of seconds. even worse and a little frightening, i plug it in wait like 30 seconds turn it on it said 0% for like 5 minutes and when i tried to do anything it would just shut off. Hopefully it is just the battery.
    12-21-2015 12:31 AM
    Yeah mine does that too but its at a lower % the last time it did it was 18%, rebooted flashed 5% then just shut off and was at 0% in a matter of seconds. even worse and a little frightening, i plug it in wait like 30 seconds turn it on it said 0% for like 5 minutes and when i tried to do anything it would just shut off. Hopefully it is just the battery.
    get a new battery

Posted via the Android Central App
    12-21-2015 02:55 AM
    Same in my phone. My phone is randomly turning off when my battery is around 10-30%. Also when charging it get stuck at 77%. I will buy a new battery.
    12-21-2015 03:14 AM
    I started a thread on this issue a month or so ago, but I find it funny that all of the sudden this very similar issue (regarding percentage range where phones shut down) started popping up all around the same general time (roughly a year after the device was released).
    12-21-2015 11:40 AM
    I started a thread on this issue a month or so ago, but I find it funny that all of the sudden this very similar issue (regarding percentage range where phones shut down) started popping up all around the same general time (roughly a year after the device was released).
    I dunno....I find it totally conceivable that batteries of a particular design and produced within a particular timeframe will begin to fail within a particular timespan for users with similar usage patterns.
    12-21-2015 12:02 PM
    I believe Fast Charging in the culprit here. Had to replace my battery one month shy of a year of ownership. I try not to use Fast Charging now and get much better battery life.
    12-21-2015 03:24 PM
    I believe Fast Charging in the culprit here. Had to replace my battery one month shy of a year of ownership. I try not to use Fast Charging now and get much better battery life.
    I rarely use the fast charger, except when I need a fast charge. Generally I'm using an old S4 or Blackberry USB adapter for charging, which is what I use when charging over night.
    12-22-2015 09:49 AM
    I dunno....I find it totally conceivable that batteries of a particular design and produced within a particular timeframe will begin to fail within a particular timespan for users with similar usage patterns.
    I agree, to an extent. Whether it is related to a particular batch or not, who knows. Additionally, I'm not a real power user, it generally sits in my desk during the day with limited/periodic use, then off and on use in the afternoon/evening. I just never had this problem with my S3, which I used a lot more, usually running the battery down to less than 10% daily for 2 years. The battery drained fast on that device (in my experience), but never just went from 30% > 0% in a matter of seconds.
    12-22-2015 09:59 AM
    Ive only had my phone for a few months now.
    12-23-2015 06:07 AM
    I had this issue at 40%. I called up talked to Verizon and they sent me a brand new Samsung battery for free. Seems to have solved it.
    12-23-2015 10:16 AM
    Lucky. I sent a message on their support forum and was told it was apps I have on my phone causing my battery drain and they wouldn't send me a new battery.

12-23-2015 11:26 AM
    Its been said before in other battery threads like this one by others and I'll just repeat it here; those having instant dead issues with batteries would do well to check the battery for swelling. The battery is essentially vacuum sealed in a metal bag, if you can squeeze the battery and it feels puffy then the battery is failing. A swollen battery will also rock when pressed on either long edge when laid flat on a table.

Leaving a swollen battery in your phone may damage the phone as it continues to swell. I had a battery swell in my Note 4 to the point that it started to push the display assembly out of the frame. Since I normally keep my phone in the 50%+ range I never noticed quick drops, what I did notice was the screen wasn't level with the frame on the left side. Popping the S-View cover off my phone revealed the swollen battery. From my experience the S-View cover is more rigid and has less clearance between battery/cover so the potential for screen lift with a swollen battery is higher with this case.
    12-23-2015 01:27 PM
    Mine would give me the critical warning low battery warning at 20% and on my way to the charger it would die. Bought the Anker 6440maH extended battery off Amazon and the Hyperion extended battery case for it, obviously adds size but looks and feels amazing and performance is awesome
    12-24-2015 09:54 AM
    I just chatted with a Samsung online support representative (issue reported was phone shutting down at 30% and then showing 0%)... you are going to laugh.. really no surprise though as Samsung have the WORST technical support. Ofcourse they weren't able to help apart from suggesting I try a battery.

Irene
    Since currently we have not received any feedbacks yet about the same issue. I highly appreciate you for bringing this feedback up to us.
    23:34:19
    03-06-2016 08:43 AM
    I just chatted with a Samsung online support representative (issue reported was phone shutting down at 30% and then showing 0%)... you are going to laugh.. really no surprise though as Samsung have the WORST technical support. Ofcourse they weren't able to help apart from suggesting I try a battery.

Irene
    Since currently we have not received any feedbacks yet about the same issue. I highly appreciate you for bringing this feedback up to us.
    23:34:19
    05-09-2016 09:26 PM
    Mine did the same thing. Got a new battery and problem solved

05-09-2016 09:45 PM
    Same boat here.
    The only difference is it fluctuates. Once it hits 20%, it will randomly shut off at any given time. Sometimes it'll go from 20 to Critical, then it turns OFF when I plug it in.

I was hoping a cache / partition reset and factory reset would help, but it didn't. The first 70% is fine. I don't normally let the phone drop that low, but in the off chance I'm out on the town I wouldn't want it to randomly shut off, so I bought a new one.

I'll retire the old one completely after I use it to install Marshmallow. It's barely a year old, so I'll preserve some charge cycles on my new one for a little while longer.

05-10-2016 11:53 AM
    Get some new batteries. I just ordered two new batteries for my note 4 and 2 new batteries for my Note edge on eBay. They were about $11 each and include the plastic cases like you would get if ordered from Samsung.

Batteries are pretty cheap now since the phone is an older model. I just ordered them for backups because all my originals are still lasting forever after a year.
    05-10-2016 01:50 PM
    Yep just replace your battery

05-17-2016 10:43 AM
    Are droid turbo batteries failing a year in as well? I think it's bull, that after a year (halfway through the payment plan) the battery takes a dump.

05-30-2016 10:35 PM
    Yep, had my Note 4 since launch day, and had to replace its battery 2months ago, it was also getting to 20%, then suddenly 5% and then 5mins later dead.

I used Fast Charging a lot so I think it may be the culprit. I am using it less with the new battery.
    06-03-2016 06:38 PM
50 12