My device is getting horrible reception. Any ideas please?

Oliver Maki

Dec 19, 2015
Visit site
I have flashed stock 5.1.1 COK3 on my N910W8 with smart switch and i am getting bad signal. Mind you before i used smart switch i downgraded and upgraded alot on 5.0.1 and 4.4.4 and 5.1.1. I am now on stock 5.1.1 and i am getting between -95 dbm to -120dm. my moms galaxy s6 on same network is getting -84 dbm. My apn is ok, What could this be?

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
It's more than likely an issue with the ROM you flashed. You'll have to return to the original ROM to see if the issue persists. If it does, then you might have to get a replacement for your phone. How long ago did you buy it?

Oliver Maki

Dec 19, 2015
Visit site
It's more than likely an issue with the ROM you flashed. You'll have to return to the original ROM to see if the issue persists. If it does, then you might have to get a replacement for your phone. How long ago did you buy it?

They dont check for root huh if its back at stock rom?

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
but i have went over the data limit for a return or replacement. but i am sure if i talk to telus they will give me a break.

How much data you use is irrelevant to whether or not you can return it. If you bought it two days ago you should still be within the return period.

And no, if you flash to stock you'll probably be fine. But check to see if your signal is back to normal before you get it replaced

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084