If you're on t-mobile and you have Samsung Note 4, then you recently got a notification update to 5.x (Lollipop).
    However, if you don't want to update but *Want * to keep 4.4.4 (KitKat) then follow these instructions, as it worked for me. This way you do not have to do Recovery reboot to delete the system cache.

Deleting Lollipop update from Note IV

After the download, elect to postpone it for one day. Then open file manager and go to the '/fota' folder and delete the “update.zip“ file. Then proceed to accept the update. It will then notify you the update has failed and the system will be restored to previous configuration.

If it becomes necessary, then go to the Application Manager (in settings) and swipe right to ALL. Drop down until you see 2 Software Update programs; turn off the first one listed, the Software Update that's ~3mb in size. The larger one cannot be stopped.

After this, there will be no more update messages.

If you get notified for an update download just ignore it OR CHECK the file SIZE and load your device until there it's just below 500mb and the system will automatically postpone the download until there is enough space for it. Android won't install software if there is only >500mb on the device, period. But this option may not be ideal for must users. :P

Have a nice day.
    12-22-2015 01:01 AM
    Welcome to Android Central, and thanks for the tip!
    12-23-2015 03:08 AM
    Thanks and your welcome.
    I should mention that you can process the update again by going into the "About Device" info panel and clicking "Software Update" if you later choose to update to 5.x. Assuming the Software Update Program has been re-enabled.
    12-23-2015 05:39 AM