System android consumes way too much battery

Celesttet

Dec 27, 2015
Visit site
Hello guys, I've got my Note 4 for 2 weeks but facing problem with battery. System android and android IU consume way too much battery. I ve got my finger print scanner turned on. Anybody facing a same problem? Any solutions about this? I am on stock 5.1.1 non rooted. Thanks guys

Revyaanshu

May 23, 2014
Visit site
I have the same issue.. I believe it's lollipop that's seems to cause this.. As I had my fingerprint since the day I bought it (launch day) n had no issues on kitkat. Marshmallow can't come soon enough!!

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
I have the same problem. I didn't have this problem out of the box, and I got outstanding battery until that first Kit Kat Maintenance update that we received in November of last year. I too am now on 5.1.1 and no update since that Kit Kat maintenance update fixed this issue. I've tried a few battery monitoring apps, and I've tried shutting off everything I have user access to without root, and nothing fixes the problem. Drives me insane because i'm lucky to get 4 hours of screen on time now.

sinfoman

Jul 27, 2015
Visit site
I can say that I have only had one battery issue and it was after the 5.0 update. At that point, I factory reset my phone. This did the trick. I am a moderate user and get 1.5- 2 days out of my battery life. To be fair, the system and system UI should ALWAYS be your top users (except for screen on time, of course. If it's something else... Also, try uninstalling facebook and see what happens. Worst battery hog out there, especially after any updates to the system.

Celesttet

Dec 27, 2015
Visit site
Well, tried to turn off some process using package disabler pro and must say that it helped quite a lot. Anyway still can't get more than 3H of SoT which is pretty poor. Hope that Marshmallow will fix it.

dpen15

Feb 10, 2015
Visit site
I have had this issue once and turning location service off had helped me, not sure if that'll help you as well but something worth trying I think.