Note 4 stuck in 3g

Nicholas Sgherzi

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
My note 4 has been stuck in 3g since last night. It just switched on its own automatically. I don't think it's my area as I've been getting 4G where I live for over a year and my wife has an iPhone 4 and it's still getting 4g.

I'm wondering if Verizon is throttling my speed because I'm on a grandfathered unlimited data plan.

I've ready tried taking the battery and Sim card out and letting the phone sit for 10 minutes but that didn't do anything.

I've also tried switching the network from global to lte/cdma, but thay also didn't work.

I'm worried that if I have to get a new Sim card thay I might lose my unlimited data.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

dabombcra

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
When my phone is stuck on 3g, I either turn off the mobile network and/or reset phone and it brings back the 4g. I use alot of data. I don't think Verizon is throttling us.

sinfoman

Jul 27, 2015
Visit site
My recommendation is eliminate some variables. Got a friend w/ a Verizon Note 4 in the same area? Invite them over or Arrange to meet somewhere you know and can confirm has 4G. If your is out and his/hers is in, then it's probably Verizon. Have you tried updating the PRL/Profile/System updates (in that order)?

Nicholas Sgherzi

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
Well it seems that my note 4 keeps changing between 3g and 4g often.

There isn't any system updates available currently.

I'm not sure about prl or profile updates. Never heard of those before.

dabombcra

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
I have the same problem in certain areas. Maybe use WiFi at home
If you get 4g in other places, it could be the case you are using if you use one

Nicholas Sgherzi

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
I'm not getting 4g at all except for very brief moments.

It goes to 4g and then immediately switches back to 3g. And it'll be stuck in 3g for hours before switching back and fourth again.

It's not the area, my wife gets 4g on her phone just fine.

I'd rather not use wifi at home. I have a grandfathered unlimited data plan and I'd like to use it.

It doesn't matter what area I'm in, I'm still having this problem.

Nicholas Sgherzi

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
Sounds like an issue with the phone itself if it's happening in multiple areas. That leaves you with two options: back up your data and try a master factory reset to rule out some software issue with the phone (something Verizon will probably have you do if you contact them to troubleshoot). If still a problem time for a replacement.

Is it possible that my Sim card could be bad?

I'm worried that if that's what it is, I'll have to get a new one from Verizon. I really hope that isn't the case, because if it is I might lose my grandfathered unlimited data.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12