Hi, I recently got my Note 4 and it has 5.0.1 on it. So far it works fine, but kind of feels downgraded from my previous phone that had 5.1.1 on it.
    I also have Verizon, and I heard they are reluctant to transfer 5.1.1 for the note 4 for some odd reason. Has the news changed for Verizon and how is 5.1.1 in comparison to 5.0.1, assuming your with a network that allowed you to upgrade already.

Posted via the Android Central App
    12-29-2015 05:32 AM
    Hate to tell you but there is no sign that the vzw note 4 will get the 5.1.1 anytime soon. Vzw is notorious with holding back on updates.

I am in the process of making my Note 4 self aware.
    Solitary Wolf likes this.
    12-29-2015 09:11 AM
    I totally agree with fragologist on this one. VZW is horribly slow on updates regardless of the problems the current build has caused its customer base.

The only reason I stay with VZW is because they have a working cellular network...and I travel a lot. Although Google Project Fi is starting to look promising.

VZW customer service needs a lot of help taking care of its current customers. You can see when a cell provider is in trouble by looking at what they are offering to new customers. VZW now offering $650 and 2 extra GB of data / month for you to switch to VZW....yea, they are hurting. But with customer service in its current form - people are leaving VZW.

Anyway - good luck and welcome. Hope your experience with the Note 4 is better than most.
    12-29-2015 10:18 AM
    Hate to tell you but there is no sign that the vzw note 4 will get the 5.1.1 anytime soon. Vzw is notorious with holding back on updates.

I am in the process of making my Note 4 self aware.
    I totally agree with fragologist on this one. VZW is horribly slow on updates regardless of the problems the current build has caused its customer base.

The only reason I stay with VZW is because they have a working cellular network...and I travel a lot. Although Google Project Fi is starting to look promising.

VZW customer service needs a lot of help taking care of its current customers. You can see when a cell provider is in trouble by looking at what they are offering to new customers. VZW now offering $650 and 2 extra GB of data / month for you to switch to VZW....yea, they are hurting. But with customer service in its current form - people are leaving VZW.

Anyway - good luck and welcome. Hope your experience with the Note 4 is better than most.
    Thanks for the replies, guys. It does suck that Verizon is slow, I can only hope that Marshmellow will come on it and improve many things, such as the battery life I heard people complain about with the lolipop upgrade.
    12-31-2015 12:11 AM
    ".. I can only hope.."
    Welcome to the Verizon Club.
    12-31-2015 02:32 PM