Anyone know what this error means??

Kjthomas0724

Dec 31, 2014
Visit site
Does anyone have any idea what this error means? I have tried several times to install this game and keep getting this error. I have already checked and I have plenty of storage space. No clue why it won't download.

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-01-07-15-26-40.jpg
    Screenshot_2016-01-07-15-26-40.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 137

cinnamin

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
Just to see I just installed the game and it works fine. I was reading something on google about it but it involves a factory reset.

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
It's unlikely to help, but you might want to try clearing the cache partition just in case something is messed up there.

- Power down phone
- Press and hold POWER-HOME-VOLUMEUP until phone vibrates and "entering recovery mode" comes up.
- Wait a bit until a menu comes up.
- Choose "clear cache" (I can't remember the exact wording, but it's ***NOT*** "factory reset and wipe data" that you want, and all the other options are about loading firmware from various sources).
- you'll get a little log message about the cache partition being reformatted, it takes very little time.
- Choose "restart phone"

Kjthomas0724

Dec 31, 2014
Visit site
It's unlikely to help, but you might want to try clearing the cache partition just in case something is messed up there.

- Power down phone
- Press and hold POWER-HOME-VOLUMEUP until phone vibrates and "entering recovery mode" comes up.
- Wait a bit until a menu comes up.
- Choose "clear cache" (I can't remember the exact wording, but it's ***NOT*** "factory reset and wipe data" that you want, and all the other options are about loading firmware from various sources).
- you'll get a little log message about the cache partition being reformatted, it takes very little time.
- Choose "restart phone"

That was the first thing I tried. Thanks though

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Its also possible its an error on the google play side. Wait a few hours and try again. Ive had apps that fail install and a while later all is good.
ive had apps that needed updates and failed, and others i had to delete then install when updates fail. Most of the time the error is not on my end.
Also check the feedback, see if other people are having the same issue.

Kjthomas0724

Dec 31, 2014
Visit site
Its also possible its an error on the google play side. Wait a few hours and try again. Ive had apps that fail install and a while later all is good.
ive had apps that needed updates and failed, and others i had to delete then install when updates fail. Most of the time the error is not on my end.
Also check the feedback, see if other people are having the same issue.

I have tried several times over the last three days. Same results.

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
So, did a little research. -505 is a permissions error in Google Play. Most of the people who have run into it either had something go wrong with an OS upgrade where they had previously had the app in question installed on the old OS and it didn't delete itself properly when uninstalled, or the developer got lazy and didn't differentiate permissions properly between the two apps and it is trying to install a permission that is already there.

Alternatively, if you have installed this on a guest account on your phone and then uninstalled it from the main account, the guest account settings probably didn't get deleted - uninstall it from the guest account if that is the case.

Kjthomas0724

Dec 31, 2014
Visit site
So, did a little research. -505 is a permissions error in Google Play. Most of the people who have run into it either had something go wrong with an OS upgrade where they had previously had the app in question installed on the old OS and it didn't delete itself properly when uninstalled, or the developer got lazy and didn't differentiate permissions properly between the two apps and it is trying to install a permission that is already there.

Alternatively, if you have installed this on a guest account on your phone and then uninstalled it from the main account, the guest account settings probably didn't get deleted - uninstall it from the guest account if that is the case.

Well, it has to be an issue of the developers end then because I have never downloaded this game on anything before. In fact, it is a relatively new game.

cinnamin

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
OK try this hopefully it works. Clear cache and data from Google play app. Then unmount SD card.click on Google play
store it will ask for permissions. Then try to download and install the game.mount SD card and try to start game.

I ran into an issue with one of my games not wanting to update everything else would update accept for that game and this is what I did and it worked. Good luck.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech