Hi,

i bought a new Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and i have a SD card which is 64 gig with files stored on the card. Every time i put my 64 gig SD card in the Note 4 it sometimes recognizes the card and sometimes does not, when i click on the 'my files' app to view my files on the SD card it says 'no files' when there is. Sometimes i can view the files other times not. - I've also noticed this only works when i turn the phone off and start it again then and only then i can view the files on my 64 gig SD card. Then if you exit the app and open another app but go back to the 'my files' app it will say no files on the SD card. I've used this card on my old phone the Samsung Galaxy S3 and the 64gig card works fine. Even now if i put it in my old phone - the S3 - the card works fine and i can view the files on it all the time.*
    I've also thought may be the Note 4 is new that's why its not recognizing the card and backed up my files on the card and formatted it several times both on exfat and NTFS still not good same problem, sometimes i can see the files on the 64 gig card and other times i cant. I have another 4gig sd card which i put in the Note 4 to check if it is the 64gig card that has the problem or the phone but the 4 gig card which i have inserted in the Note 4 works fine, ive had no problems with it, i can view my files all the time.*

Anyone please help as i want to use my 64gig card which has more files on it.
    01-09-2016 07:09 PM
    I would say try a different sd card, I know that my note 4 will not read all files if it was used by other phones..guess just a different way of saving files but for most part 90% I can read and transfer.

I would say u may have an issue with ur sd card.
    01-09-2016 07:25 PM
    But my card is fine on my galaxy S3 I can use it as normal see all files etc all the time. Just when I insert it in my nte 4 it does not always show my file on my 64 gig SD card. I tried the note 4 with a 4 gig SD card and it works fine but as soon as I insert the 64 gig one issues start happening.
    01-09-2016 07:30 PM
    But my card is fine on my galaxy S3 I can use it as normal see all files etc all the time. Just when I insert it in my nte 4 it does not always show my file on my 64 gig SD card. I tried the note 4 with a 4 gig SD card and it works fine but as soon as I insert the 64 gig one issues start happening.
    That would say u have an issue with ur sd card...not all sd cards are made same
    Back up ur 64 to pc, clear it and format sd card and try it as a fresh sd card.
    01-09-2016 07:33 PM
    When you tried reformatting your card, did you do it in the note 4 or a pc? If not in note 4 try reformatting in it
    Sergiusz Jasper likes this.
    01-09-2016 07:50 PM
    When you tried reformatting your card, did you do it in the note 4 or a pc? If not in note 4 try reformatting in it
    I've tried doing it both ways in note 4 and through pc still same prob's.
    01-09-2016 07:59 PM
    That would say u have an issue with ur sd card...not all sd cards are made same
    Back up ur 64 to pc, clear it and format sd card and try it as a fresh sd card.
    Yeah I have done it as a fresh format still probably pesists once you put one or two files in then insert it in the note 4 you see the files sometimes and sometimes don't. But if you put it in the S3 it works fine.
    01-09-2016 08:01 PM
    I've tried doing it both ways in note 4 and through pc still same prob's.
    Well if u say the 4gb card work with no issues than this leads us back to ur 64 as the culprit.
    01-09-2016 08:01 PM
    I recently got a note 4 also .had a SanDisk 32gb card that worked fine in my other phone and on my PC .but I had the same issue as you.i reformatted it and sll.did not work.i bought a Samsung class 10 64 GB card formatted it in the Note and put all my files from my PC on the card .note 4 read it fine .my SanDisk card was only 1 year old .it took a,new Samsung card to work.

Posted via the Android Central App
    01-10-2016 09:36 PM