Hi everyone. I thought best to start my own thread..

I have had my Note4 for ~14 months, and for probably the last 2-3 months my phone has been randomly rebooting.

Model: SM-N910G
    Version 5.1.1
    Not rooted

The rebooting has happened either
    - when I am using it - will just turn off and reboot on its own
    - when I am not using it - I pick it up after not using it for some time and see it is on the PIN screen, meaning it has rebooted
    - twice it has just turned off and not rebooted at all
    - once it got stuck in a boot loop (would get to the PIN screen, but after entering the pin it would reboot again)

Initially it seemed that this would happen when the battery was around 30%, but the last few times it has been higher than that. The boot loop incident, the battery was around 20-30% from memory, and when getting to the pin screen would show 14% every time. I eventually gave up trying and removed the battery. When I got home and plugged it in, it showed 0%.

What I have done so far:
    1. Went to carrier store yesterday to see if they had replacement batteries
    2. On their advice, got a battery test - battery apparently operating normally
    3. Also on their advice, backed up with Kies3 and did a factory reset.
    4. Restored only contacts, messages, call logs, clock settings, ringtones and photos to SD card.
    5. Installed only facebook and pinterest, no other previous apps.
    6. Disabled some preinstalled apps (galaxy apps, play games, paypal, pen.up, s voice, smart remote) and uninstalled others that I could.

Going to bed last night, battery was at 87%. Left off charge and was around 57% waking up. This seems more excessive than usual given no use, though I usually do charge my phone overnight. Screen was off and I checked running apps before bed, everything seemed like system processes and a few samsung things.

I guess this is a case of "wait and see", but is there anything else I can do or anything I can check to see what the issue has been/make sure it doesn't keep happening?

Thanks in advance!
    01-10-2016 06:45 PM
    Update: Not 15 minutes after posting this, my phone did the reboot thing. Series of events;

- I received a text message,
    - Pressed the home button to unlock the phone
    - Pressed the volume key to turn notification volume down, accidentally pressed the power button and locked the phone
    - Pressed the home button and unlocked again, adjusted the volume
    - Tapped messages icon, it highlighted but didn't open. Waited, still didn't.
    - Figured frozen. Pressed home button, nothing. Pressed power button to lock phone, nothing. Home button, back button, menu button, nothing responsive.
    - Phone rebooted on it's own.

What is going on? Could it be that too much is going on for the phone to process?
    01-11-2016 05:28 AM
    I suspect a bad battery but am curious what comes up on your battery stats page if you were to do a reboot prior to going to bed and left the phone untouched. Nothing but system processes should show up in the top 5 or so of applications on the battery usage stats screen. If something is floating to the top then it's auto starting and causing excessive drain.
    01-11-2016 11:19 AM
    Thanks for your reply. I will try this tonight. When it rebooted as per my update yesterday, the battery was around 45%.
    01-11-2016 07:25 PM
    I have this same issue. Is your phone rooted?
    01-17-2016 09:51 AM
    Hook it to your pc and run the software repair assistance. I had an issue similar after I did a factory reset with the 5.1.1 update. I ended up at best buy working with a Samsung rep. He did the repair assistant for me and ended up reverting it back to 5.0.1 and messed it all up. Did a factory reset after that and got it back to running 5.0.1. Then did the update to 5.1.1 and all is good.

Posted via the Android Central App
    01-17-2016 01:44 PM