Verizon Wireless Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Android 5.1.1 OTA soon

dc5_k20z1

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
The red headed step child lives! They were nice enough to give us 5.1.1 and not 5.0.2 đŸ˜‚

Software Version: LMY47X.N910VVRU2BOK3

Androidâ„¢ 5.1.1 provides the latest security updates and bug fixes.
Supports Android for Work. To learn more, go to https://www.google.com/work/android/
Upgrades to Samsung Knox Platform, a comprehensive suite of mobile enterprise security solutions
Removes pre-loaded Amazon® Appstore and Amazon Widgets from the device

RJV3

May 18, 2011
Visit site
The main reason why I got a note 5 was because of the initial update to 5.0.1 left my device unbearably useless. Battery life was deplorable. Phone constantly heated up. The worst. Hope this update fixes all that.

Sent from my Verizon Galaxy Note 5

Clocks

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
Here comes the silly posts about which area of the county the rollout is supposedly in even though that has nothing to do with it.

ericandjan

Oct 14, 2012
Visit site
My biggest question is how does this exceedingly late 5.1.1 update affect potential marshmallow rollout for us? If Verizon has been focused on lollipop for the Note 4 until now, I assume they're now starting from ground zero on marshmallow, and that we'll be late to that party, too...

Posted via the Android Central App

Dankees

Trusted Member
Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
So, the Verizon OTA Update for OS 5.1.1 is out, and I had a couple of questions.

How is the battery life with OS 5.1.1?

And, I had actually planned to factory reset and replace my battery today.

I know I will still factory reset, but should I replace my battery upon starting the new OS?

Is the new OS good for battery life?

And, what are the other updates 5.1.1 has?

fragologist

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
So, the Verizon OTA Update for OS 5.1.1 is out, and I had a couple of questions.

How is the battery life with OS 5.1.1?

And, I had actually planned to factory reset and replace my battery today.

I know I will still factory reset, but should I replace my battery upon starting the new OS?

Is the new OS good for battery life?

And, what are the other updates 5.1.1 has?

The only thing I can answer is the battery life question. Apparently from the numerous posts I've seen from other note 4 owners from different carriers, the update to 5.1.1 fixed the battery drain issues from 5.0.1.

I am in the process of making my Note 4 self aware.

Dankees

Trusted Member
Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
The only thing I can answer is the battery life question. Apparently from the numerous posts I've seen from other note 4 owners from different carriers, the update to 5.1.1 fixed the battery drain issues from 5.0.1.

I am in the process of making my Note 4 self aware.

Self Aware?

Joe Goodwin1

Jun 28, 2014
Visit site
This can only be good for note 4 users on Verizon. Especially if they are not rooted and plan to stick with the note 4 going forward. Should be stable and improve battery life. This of course is based on other carriers

Dankees

Trusted Member
Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
This can only be good for note 4 users on Verizon. Especially if they are not rooted and plan to stick with the note 4 going forward. Should be stable and improve battery life. This of course is based on other carriers

Good, I'll wait to install my new battery.

scribe4food

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I'm pretty sure my next phone will be a Nexus. I don't like coming this late to the party, when there are Marshmallow builds for the Note 4 out there.

ericandjan

Oct 14, 2012
Visit site
Just took the update. It only took about 17 minutes (just like it said), and I am now running 5.1.1. Unplugged the charger, and now I'll see whether I get 2 days out of a charge like I did way back on Kit Kat or not. On 5.0.1, I barely made it to dinner time with light to moderate usage, and would routinely drop instantly from about 18 percent straight to zero when opening a new app. Hoping for more stability and less hesitation when hitting icons.

Dankees

Trusted Member
Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
Just took the update. It only took about 17 minutes (just like it said), and I am now running 5.1.1. Unplugged the charger, and now I'll see whether I get 2 days out of a charge like I did way back on Kit Kat or not. On 5.0.1, I barely made it to dinner time with light to moderate usage, and would routinely drop instantly from about 18 percent straight to zero when opening a new app. Hoping for more stability and less hesitation when hitting icons.

Can you please update us with your stats? I won't be able to do a comparison, because I plan to add a new battery into my phone with this update. Thank you.

ericandjan

Oct 14, 2012
Visit site
I'll let you know how it goes. I can already tell you that performance is noticeably better when opening apps and even typing! So far, so good!