Verizon Wireless Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Android 5.1.1 OTA soon

willard39

Dec 4, 2014
Visit site
Once again an update that does nothing for me on the surface (I'm sure all the behind the scenes upgrades are essential yada yada yada), but all I notice are the little things I'm missing again. I didn't have a problem with Amazon App Suite and liked having everything on one of the home screens. Now that's gone. I liked the Android OS before this (Kit Kat?) where all the operating screens were black vs. blazing white. That's still gone (unless one of you gurus can tell me how to change that without rooting the phone). Basically, as an end user, I haven't experienced one good update to Android.

Neil Krueger

Feb 11, 2016
Visit site
Seems petty but, can anyone let me know if there is an option to list contact favorites in alphabetical order now? Prior to update it was automatically sorted by 1st name. Now it is listing most recently added favorite to the bottom of the list. Phone used for business .Hundreds of contacts. 40/50 favorites at a time. Random or input based sorted list is not working very well for me. Any help would be appreciated.

Posted via the Android Central App

beh

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
I have a Galaxy Note 4 (Verizon) that has not updated yet. I keep getting "software update is temporarily unavilable. Try again later". This has been going on for four days now. It currently is not activated (just been using wifi) as I also have an Nexus 6p as my main driver but I would like to update the Note 4 to 5.1.1. Is it because it isn't active that I can't get the update?

On Verizon you have to have the phone activated to receive updates. Thus, you will need a SIM card and then activate it. You can activate easily online on your My Verizon page. Once you have the update installed you can then reactivate the phone you have activated now.

pizza_pablo

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
After update and security update and FDR, see faint wifi /signal combo icon in status bar.
No setting found to control it.
I searched here, xda and Google. Nothing found. Only way to get rid of it is to enable Airplane mode.
It's just to the right of the bluetooth icon, in the pic in the next post and not seen in Airplane mode, in the pic here.

Attachments

• 38013.jpg
    38013.jpg
    13.7 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:

pizza_pablo

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
That is download booster

YOU, SIR, ARE AWESOME!
I've never seen that kind of icon, before and couldn't for the life of me figure out why it would be so faint.
I turned on DOWNLOAD BOOSTER after the FDR, by just stumbling across it, because it was taking so long to restore everything. If never seen DOWNLOAD BOOSTER before, either.
I imagine when downloading something that icon would be illuminated.
It's true what they say. You learn something new everyday, whether you want to our not.

asianguy80

May 7, 2012
Visit site
Just be sure to disable it if you do not have unlimited data. Usually the booster kicks in when downloading files over 30mb in my experience.