I bought this phone in January around this same time last year. At the time, it was what? 2-3 months old? Fast forward to now. Months of waiting for an "update" that has barely brought anything new. I'm looking at the Touchwiz on the S6 and the Touchwiz on the Note 4. I mean come on, this a Note 4, why hasn't the S6 / Note 5 Touchwiz been ported over. I was looking forward to the Theme Store and the newly designed UI. Unless I'm missing something, I don't see either.

Not even the iPhones get this poorly gimped when moving to a new OS version (previous flagship vs current flagship). As far as I know, the iPhone 6 has almost all of the same software features as the iPhone 6S. On top of that, the UI is exactly the same.

I know the software just came out, but it doesn't feel like anything "new" at all. At this point I'm hoping the standby battery drain is at least somewhat rectified. It'll soften the blow of waiting for so long for a few features that's omitted from a capable device. The only thing that I found even remotely useful is they added the "Time on Battery" back, which was taken away after moving from Kit Kat. (I know you can see the Up Time on the device in the About Phone section, but it's better when it's easily visible in the battery stats screen.)

So what do you guys think so far? I won't discuss too much on the battery right now because it's barely been a few hours since I upgraded, but "feature" wise, I don't really see anything...

I guess I can forget about seeing Android 6.0 Marshmallow anytime this year.
    01-11-2016 02:49 PM
    I never lost battery % on my hone screen. I just updated not 45 min ago. Still need to give it a chance. I am sure I will see improvement.

Posted via the Android Central App
    01-11-2016 02:53 PM
    Sorry, to quick to have an opinion. I have to wait at least a few days before doing that
    01-11-2016 03:16 PM
    For me the recent updates never feel any different, including going from K to L. I don't have the need for new features, I just hope the Wifi and battery issues are fixed.
    01-11-2016 03:16 PM
    Just so you guys know, I'm not really talking too much about the battery at the moment. I'm just hoping that at least gets fixed over time. What I'm more concerned about is the lack of features, specifically the new design and the theme store. I don't think that's something I have to wait a few days for?
    01-11-2016 03:19 PM
    For me the recent updates never feel any different, including going from K to L. I don't have the need for new features, I just hope the Wifi and battery issues are fixed.
    From Kit Kat to Lollipop I actually saw many many differences. The UI was much more polished, icons looked different. It felt like something new. While 5.0.1 > 5.1.1 isn't as drastic, there are still differences that should make it feel different. Well, I guess it's my fault for thinking a previously flagship device would be loaded with current features.
    01-11-2016 03:28 PM
    Just so you guys know, I'm not really talking too much about the battery at the moment. I'm just hoping that at least gets fixed over time. What I'm more concerned about is the lack of features, specifically the new design and the theme store. I don't think that's something I have to wait a few days for?
    The problem with your expectation, is that these companies make these changes so that you will want to upgrade to their new phone. So to give them to you in an update kinda undercuts their hopes for profits. I don't agree with them doing this, but they do.
    01-11-2016 04:00 PM
    The problem with your expectation, is that these companies make these changes so that you will want to upgrade to their new phone. So to give them to you in an update kinda undercuts their hopes for profits. I don't agree with them doing this, but they do.
    You are right in that aspect. I just don't see how the UI's have to look so different on the different phones.
    Isn't that more work for them? To fragment the devices?

Yosemite on Mac looks the same on every Mac regardless of model.
    iOS 9 looks the same (minus a few transparency features) on every iPhone regardless of model.
    Windows 10 looks the same on every PC regardless of model.
    Lollipop 5.1.1 varies on most Galaxies. So you're gonna have a variant for the 6 and the Note 5 / then a different version for the Note 4/ then Note 3/ then S5/ then S4 (if supported) What gives with that?
    01-11-2016 05:03 PM
    It is a disappointing update. Too little, too late.
    01-12-2016 09:54 AM
    The only thing I notice different is the screen fades in when I unlock the screen. I hope battery gets better too because so far today it sucks. I did a factory reset right after the update then I charged to full over night. Today i'm not even 1 hour of screen time and I'm down to 78%. Lets hope it tunes itself out and gets better. Plus i put a brand new battery in last week.
    01-12-2016 11:03 AM
    Don't really feel like anything was added feature wise. Performance seems snappier. One thing I did notice they took away was album art no longer takes up the whole screen on your lock screen.
    01-12-2016 11:07 AM
    The only thing I notice different is the screen fades in when I unlock the screen. I hope battery gets better too because so far today it sucks. I did a factory reset right after the update then I charged to full over night. Today i'm not even 1 hour of screen time and I'm down to 78%. Lets hope it tunes itself out and gets better. Plus i put a brand new batter in last week.
    Same thing here. Battery seems almost worst so far.
    01-12-2016 11:10 AM
    Okay, so I take back the "EXTREMELY" disappointed, I'll replace it with just slightly disappointed. Normally by this time of the day I'd be at around 60ish percent with an 1 hour and a half of screen time. Will include some screenshots of today's use so far, which is no different than anything else.

On top of that, I normally never leave my phone off Airplane Mode at night, so I tested last night. From 1 AM - 8 AM I only lost 2%. The only thing that showed up on the meter was Exchange Services. So so far, I am getting slightly better battery life, and this is with the old battery. I have a new one that I've probably cycled through 3 times.

EXTREMELY Disappointed (Verizon Note 4, 5.1.1)-screenshot_2016-01-12-13-17-59.jpg
    EXTREMELY Disappointed (Verizon Note 4, 5.1.1)-screenshot_2016-01-12-13-18-05.jpg

At this rate I should be able to pull 5 hours of screen on time per charge on the old battery. Will test the new battery next. I could barely pull 4 hours before.
    01-12-2016 01:28 PM