Hello all.

My wife has a Galaxy Note 4 and recently she has been having an issue in which when the battery reaches about 40 % or so, it will completely die, needing a re-charge.

She recently replaced the battery with another new Samsung Note battery, and now we are finding that when the phone is on, the battery won't charge past 78%, thus never reaching 100%. However, when it's at 78%, I turn the phone off, then plug in the charger again, it clearly shows 98% and quickly reaches 100% charge. When I turn the phone back on, it is indeed at 100% charge.
    Anything I can do to correct this issue? There seems to be a calibration issue as the phone (when turned on) does not recognize the correct battery %.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
    01-12-2016 10:11 AM
    Did you do a factory reset? Not sure if it would help but it's what I would try.

Posted via the Android Central App
    01-12-2016 10:59 AM
    To recalibrate the phone, it has to be rooted (you have to access a file you can't without root access). Try a full discharge - down until the phone shuts off, then a 24 hour recharge. Sometimes that forces a recalibration.

If not, Battery Calibration (Root) will recalibrate the battery calibration file if the phone is rooted. (It may [my phone is rooted, so I can't check] give you battery voltage even if the phone isn't rooted, though, so you can see whether it's charging regardless of whether it's calibrated or not. (As long as the voltage keeps going up, it's charging. When it stops going up, it's as charged as it's going to be. If that's not the voltage it should be, there's a hardware problem in the phone.)
    01-12-2016 11:49 AM
    To recalibrate the phone, it has to be rooted (you have to access a file you can't without root access). Try a full discharge - down until the phone shuts off, then a 24 hour recharge. Sometimes that forces a recalibration.

If not, Battery Calibration (Root) will recalibrate the battery calibration file if the phone is rooted. (It may [my phone is rooted, so I can't check] give you battery voltage even if the phone isn't rooted, though, so you can see whether it's charging regardless of whether it's calibrated or not. (As long as the voltage keeps going up, it's charging. When it stops going up, it's as charged as it's going to be. If that's not the voltage it should be, there's a hardware problem in the phone.)
    Hmm.. I'll try to discharge and re-charge.. Does it matter if i recharge with the phone off or on? It seems that if I charge the phone when it's off, it will show 100%, but not when the phone is ON.....
    01-12-2016 01:10 PM
    Are you sure that your new battery is original? Is it from eBay or Samsung retail?
    01-16-2016 03:33 AM
    I'm having the same problem with my Note 4 shutting off completely after reaching 40%. I did get a battery from Amazon that was supposed to be an original (lol) and it does seem to die quicker with this battery than with the one that came with the phone. I am on my phone alot!

Posted via the Android Central App
    01-16-2016 11:19 AM
    I replaced my battery when I was having the same issue but phone dying at 30%. I got my battery from WorstBuy to at least increase the chance that it was an original OEM battery. I got the battery and price matched it because of stories I've heard of counterfeit OEM batteries being shipped from eBay AND Amazon.

My battery now can run from 100 to 0 without problems but I only ever let it get to 20 something before I start charging it.
    01-16-2016 02:31 PM