I need help I have a note4 and I'm trying to take the stuff off my 32gb card and put it on a 64gb or 128gb but the problem is all the folders are transferring over to the other card but there are no files in most of the folders and even when I try to just transfer the files into the empty folder they show out but when I exit out of the folder and go back into it the folder is empty again can some please tell me how to transfer all my stuff (I've tried it with 4 different cards and the same results)
    Now this is the steps I used
    -took 32gb out of phone put into adapter
    -took all copied all info onto my laptop (all folders in files are there)
    -put new card into adapter
    -transfer stuff from laptop onto new card from laptop (all folders some most files aren't in folder)
    Please tell me the proper way to do this?
    01-13-2016 10:07 AM
    That's how I've always done it (except that I have a dual adapter now, so I transfer from one card directly to the other) and it works.

Check the destination folder while the card is still in the laptop. Make sure you safely remove the card. If you pull it out before the files actually got transferred, there's nothing on the card. (Windows stages large copies, so when it says the files are transferred, it means that they're set up to be written to the card, and they get written when Windows isn't doing anything else. Safely removing the card forces the write, and doesn't tell you to remove the card until it's finished.)
    Golfdriver97 likes this.
    01-13-2016 10:12 AM
    That way should have worked. You did unmount the Sd card before removing it?
    01-13-2016 10:12 AM
    I replied to you here http://forums.androidcentral.com/sam...-my-phone.html
    Why start another thread?? It is important to know how you formatted the SD cards as for example Android doesn't recognise NTFS.
    01-13-2016 10:15 AM
    OP: please use the thread that you already started. Thread closed to avoid further confusion.
    01-13-2016 10:43 AM