facebook notifications

tjplatt2

Jan 18, 2016
Visit site
No matter what notification settings I have turned on, I can't seem to get popup notifications from Facebook. The most I get is a badge icon. I also do get message popup but that's it's own app.

Posted via the Android Central App

TechNut79

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
You mean notifications at the top of the screen where your clock is? Try turning them off and then back on in the app. Or try clearing data and cache and signing back in. That may do it.

tjplatt2

Jan 18, 2016
Visit site
Yeah, like I want the popup notifications. All I get now is the orange badge over the app with how many notifications I have. Like I want to be able to see what the notification is and clear it through the dropdown menu without going into the app. All my app settings say notifications are turned on and I even tried to reinstall it

TechNut79

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Try going into the Application Manager and tap on Facebook and make sure the Show notifications is checked.

clownin72

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Don't know if this makes a difference but in settings, sounds and notifications, app notifications and see if Facebook is blocked

tjplatt2

Jan 18, 2016
Visit site
Still can't get it to work. I even tried to sign in on through browser and get notifications from that but it still doesn't work.

If I were to do a factory reset, I would lose everything, correct? Is there anyway I could do it where everything would stay the same?

TechNut79

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
You can back everything up. And your contacts and gmail email are backed up already. Then just factory reset and set up your home screens and download all apps and you're back to normal.

booksandwarpaint82

Jan 25, 2016
Visit site
I have been having this exact same problem. It's actually the reason I found this message board to begin with. I have uninstalled/reinstalled the Facebook app several times. The notifications will work intermittently and then stop again. I'm getting nothing in my bar at the top right now. I have checked all the possible places to turn on the notifications but no luck so far. I'm beginning to think that this is on Facebook's end and not my phone.