Bluetooth Headset losing sync when switching from Google Play Music and Pocketcast

min_is_3

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I've tried it with 3 different LG bluetooth headsets and it does the same thing. So here's the problem.

I play music using the Google Play Music app. When I'm done listening, i pause it and start up Pocketcast to listen to some podcasts. But the audio from the Pocketcast comes through my phone's speaker instead of my headset which still shows it as being connected in my notification.

Then when i stop Pocketcast and i press play on my Google Play Music app, the audio from that comes through the phone's speaker as well. It's like the switch completely disconnected my headset even though it still shows as being connected to my phone in my notification with the 2 little triangle symbols next to the bluetooth symbol. So, i have to turn off/on my headset to make it work correctly again.

Anyone have this experience also and know of a fix?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Does that only happen after trying to use Pocketcast? What if you switch from Google Play Music to some other media app like Spotify, TuneInRadio, etc.?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Try installing some other app like that, to see if the problem lies with Pocketcast itself, or if it's with any app you switch to from Google Play Music.

min_is_3

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Try installing some other app like that, to see if the problem lies with Pocketcast itself, or if it's with any app you switch to from Google Play Music.
So i finally discovered that the culprit is Google Play Music itself. When i start playing something, in the notification bar the music controls appear. So when i pause playback and i swipe away the controls to remove it from the notification shade, that's when i lose bluetooth connection even though the bluetooth icon all shows my headset as being attached.

I have no idea how to resolve this problem because this happens even when i don't even switch media players and just from using Google Play Music.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I've never had that happen on my devices. Which device do you have? I wonder if it's a firmware glitch.

min_is_3

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
A couple of things to try:

1. Wipe the cache partition, which won't erase any personal data: https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-14686

2. If that doesn't help, boot into Safe Mode to see if some 3rd party app is causing interference: Galaxy Note 4 Safe Mode: What you need to know | Android Central. (This assumes that Google Play Music is preinstalled.)
Google Play Music got an update this morning. Fixed my problem. Thanks for spending the time to help me. Very much appreciate it.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I noticed that in the changelog for Play Music, and was wondering if that would fix it. Glad to hear it did!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol