Anyone use Android Pay with their Note 4?

tekmantoo

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
I added my debit card successfully to Android Pay on my Note 4 and enabled a screen lock pattern. Went to a store that accepts android pay, unlocked the phone with the pattern, and nothing happened. Tried again, still nothing. I have NFC enabled. Am I suppose to use the fingerprint unlock instead of the pattern unlock or do I use both? Thanks for any help.

min_is_3

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
My understanding is that Android Pay requires hardware features not found in the Note 4.
Not true. I've used Android Pay many times with my Note 4.

For me, since i use smart lock with my Moto 360 with a 4 digit unlock code as backup when my Moto 360 isn't connected, i swipe to unlock my phone, tap my phone onto the terminal, then i type in my 4 digit phone unlock code, tap the terminal again then a check mark appears.

Aside from having to tap the terminal twice, it's a pretty easy process.

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Sometimes it can be tricky to line up the NFC antenna on the Note 4 with the antenna on the swipe machine.
I have used my note 4 to pay for food at Jimmy Johns and the first time or two i had to find the correct placement for my phone to work with their system. ALSO the cashier had to ask me what form of payment, i said phone, they were lost, i said credit card, that got the machine ready for my phone to pay. So its possible their POS might require them to select CC for it to work.

kobe008

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
I use Android Pay on my Note 4. I unlock the screen with a pattern and hold it to the credit card machine and in a few seconds it pays.

IndyRoadie

Mar 12, 2010
Visit site
I just tried this for the first time last night. I use Pattern Lock as well. First "tap" didn't work. The Cashier told me to hold the phone horizontally and tap it. Ding! Worked like a charm

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
It's never worked for me. I look like an ***** going into the stores tapping my phone :(

Always end up using my card anyway

fatyank

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
Works great on my Note4. I have the alert set to notify me if there is a store in the area that accepts Android pay. The first few times using it are awkward but after that no problem.

Posted via Android Central App

KnightRiderRalph

Oct 21, 2014
Visit site
Since I've gotten the Marshmallow Update on my Note 4 I have to do these exact steps every time I make a transaction and its annoying. Before the update all I had to do was unlock my phone and then tap and boom, done. Now I'm forced to enter the backup password every time and its annoying because it slows the process down. Any way to fix this?

nacron

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
Since I've gotten the Marshmallow Update on my Note 4 I have to do these exact steps every time I make a transaction and its annoying. Before the update all I had to do was unlock my phone and then tap and boom, done. Now I'm forced to enter the backup password every time and its annoying because it slows the process down. Any way to fix this?
Thought it was my dying note 4 that was causing this but my replacement is also asking for backup password. Hope they fix this soon.

sinfoman

Jul 27, 2015
Visit site
Thought it was my dying note 4 that was causing this but my replacement is also asking for backup password. Hope they fix this soon.

+1. Worked like a charm before MM. Dear Android, Samsung and (in my case) Sprint, PLEASE fix this. I get that this is a first world problem, but the whole point of securing the device is so we don't HAVE to unlock Android pay a second time! Come on guys....

Posted via the Android Central App on my marshmallowy Note 4