02-11-2018 01:39 PM
31 12
tools
    I added my debit card successfully to Android Pay on my Note 4 and enabled a screen lock pattern. Went to a store that accepts android pay, unlocked the phone with the pattern, and nothing happened. Tried again, still nothing. I have NFC enabled. Am I suppose to use the fingerprint unlock instead of the pattern unlock or do I use both? Thanks for any help.
    01-19-2016 03:54 PM
    My understanding is that Android Pay requires hardware features not found in the Note 4.
    01-19-2016 04:00 PM
    Mine works just fine
    01-19-2016 04:54 PM
    My understanding is that Android Pay requires hardware features not found in the Note 4.
    Not true. I've used Android Pay many times with my Note 4.

For me, since i use smart lock with my Moto 360 with a 4 digit unlock code as backup when my Moto 360 isn't connected, i swipe to unlock my phone, tap my phone onto the terminal, then i type in my 4 digit phone unlock code, tap the terminal again then a check mark appears.

Aside from having to tap the terminal twice, it's a pretty easy process.
    01-19-2016 04:55 PM
    So then a pattern unlock should work? Do I need to enable a fingerprint unlock, too?

Posted via the Android Central App
    01-19-2016 06:14 PM
    So then a pattern unlock should work? Do I need to enable a fingerprint unlock, too?

No
    01-19-2016 08:21 PM
    That is the Note 3

01-19-2016 08:32 PM
    You're thinking of Samsung Pay. That only works with the Note 5, S6, S6 active, S6 Edge, and S6 Edge+.

01-19-2016 08:48 PM
    Sometimes it can be tricky to line up the NFC antenna on the Note 4 with the antenna on the swipe machine.
    I have used my note 4 to pay for food at Jimmy Johns and the first time or two i had to find the correct placement for my phone to work with their system. ALSO the cashier had to ask me what form of payment, i said phone, they were lost, i said credit card, that got the machine ready for my phone to pay. So its possible their POS might require them to select CC for it to work.
    01-20-2016 10:36 AM
    I use Android Pay on my Note 4. I unlock the screen with a pattern and hold it to the credit card machine and in a few seconds it pays.
    huntnyc likes this.
    01-20-2016 12:27 PM
    You're thinking of Samsung Pay. That only works with the Note 5, S6, S6 active, S6 Edge, and S6 Edge+.

Yes, I was thinking of Samsung Pay. Guess it's time I investigate Android Pay.
    01-20-2016 01:09 PM
    I just tried this for the first time last night. I use Pattern Lock as well. First "tap" didn't work. The Cashier told me to hold the phone horizontally and tap it. Ding! Worked like a charm
    01-21-2016 06:37 PM
    It's never worked for me. I look like an ***** going into the stores tapping my phone

Always end up using my card anyway
    01-21-2016 06:53 PM
    min_is_3
    What carrier ROM are you using on your Note 4?
    Do you have version N910F or different?
    Thank you
    04-07-2016 05:47 PM
    Android Pay works great on my Note 4
    04-08-2016 08:31 AM
    Works great on my Note4. I have the alert set to notify me if there is a store in the area that accepts Android pay. The first few times using it are awkward but after that no problem.

Posted via Android Central App
    huntnyc likes this.
    04-08-2016 08:40 AM
    Works great for me. You need an NFC enabled battery which is why I buy OEM batteries directly from Samsung. Turn on NFC as well.
    WalkingHorse and huntnyc like this.
    04-08-2016 09:51 AM
    Since I've gotten the Marshmallow Update on my Note 4 I have to do these exact steps every time I make a transaction and its annoying. Before the update all I had to do was unlock my phone and then tap and boom, done. Now I'm forced to enter the backup password every time and its annoying because it slows the process down. Any way to fix this?
    sinfoman likes this.
    04-12-2016 07:54 PM
    Since I've gotten the Marshmallow Update on my Note 4 I have to do these exact steps every time I make a transaction and its annoying. Before the update all I had to do was unlock my phone and then tap and boom, done. Now I'm forced to enter the backup password every time and its annoying because it slows the process down. Any way to fix this?
    Thought it was my dying note 4 that was causing this but my replacement is also asking for backup password. Hope they fix this soon.
    sinfoman likes this.
    04-20-2016 02:38 AM
    Thought it was my dying note 4 that was causing this but my replacement is also asking for backup password. Hope they fix this soon.
    +1. Worked like a charm before MM. Dear Android, Samsung and (in my case) Sprint, PLEASE fix this. I get that this is a first world problem, but the whole point of securing the device is so we don't HAVE to unlock Android pay a second time! Come on guys....

Posted via the Android Central App on my marshmallowy Note 4
    04-20-2016 06:20 AM
    +1, but not only THAT.

MM's insistence on entering the Backup Password (like after reboot, if Lock Screen Finger Print secured) GREATLY increases the likelihood that some casual, yet potentially nefarious, "observer" may determine this crucial, ALL UNLOCKING password being entered!

It's another case of attempting to increase "security" by forcing the user to reveal that which should not be revealed.

Think SSN as ID 10 years ago or Customer Service via phone asking for verbal confirmation of details like DOB, Home Address, etc, to ascertain you are you, but you are in a public place where others may hear these responses.

And yes, "they" need to fix this, but HOW?
    sinfoman likes this.
    04-20-2016 07:26 AM
    Carriers? Nacron, I presume you're the same Nacron I've been conversing with on SprintForums?
    04-20-2016 03:32 PM
    I use Android Pay on my Note 4. I unlock the screen with a pattern and hold it to the credit card machine and in a few seconds it pays.
    you don't use a back up password to complete the transaction?
    10-21-2016 09:18 PM
    you don't use a back up password to complete the transaction
    10-21-2016 09:19 PM
    you don't use a back up password to complete the transaction
    No it has never prompted me for a password. Just the pattern unlock on the screen.
    10-24-2016 11:40 AM
31 12