Verizon 5.1.1

Dec 16, 2014
Visit site
OTA or Sammobile download? I got almost heart attack with my Note 4 (o2 UK) with Rom from Sammobile. Odin said Failed because of file size (over 3gb). Found advice on one of forums to tick repartition box and added pit file and now I'm on o2 5.1.1 firmware. As everywhere there are positive and negative sides.

TechNut79

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Install that shiz! Do it now! Unless you care about the wifi notification that refuses to go away. Then still do it.

Posted via the Android Central App

droidntn

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
I installed it.
It does seem faster. Weird the keyboard seems faster even..
Fingerprint scanner much improved.
I don't have that Wifi reminder I've read about.
Curios about the battery life.

qwalls

Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
Lag was so bad with 5.0.1 I was ready to jump ship for a V10. 5.1.1 made the phone usable again. Battery life is a little better but not as good as KitKat. Standby is improved.

TechNut79

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
I installed it.
It does seem faster. Weird the keyboard seems faster even..
Fingerprint scanner much improved.
I don't have that Wifi reminder I've read about.
Curios about the battery life.

You don't?!

droidntn

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
I mean nothing that wasn't there before. The wifi connected card is on the status swipe down if that's what ya'll are talking about. But that's always been there.

fatyank

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
I've always had that also. I don't understand the problem with it. I do have a question about the numbers showing the time in upper left corner. Are they larger now? I thought they were the same size as date and day next to it.. "Clear" has 3 horizontal bars next to it now.

Posted via Android Central App

delco714

May 9, 2011
Visit site
Phone is quicker and smoother. Battery life better anecdotally. Finally happier with my note again. Was really getting fed up

ChetManley762

Nov 13, 2015
Visit site
My phone was more responsive, less laggy and had slightly improved battery life when I updated and wiped the cache partition last week. Yesterday I factory reset the phone and it's even better. Smooth as silk, zero lag except for the photo gallery when opening from the camera and even better battery life. This update has been a huge improvement and I recommend doing a factory reset along with it.

Speccers

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
I've always had that also. I don't understand the problem with it. I do have a question about the numbers showing the time in upper left corner. Are they larger now? I thought they were the same size as date and day next to it.. "Clear" has 3 horizontal bars next to it now.

Posted via Android Central App

I had it and it could be swiped away. I HATE things in my notification bar. Combined with my pebble icon, and the battery saver when I run it, it drives me crazy. I don't need a damn ugly bar in my notification area telling me I am connected to a network I already know I'm connected to.

droidntn

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
2 days into 5.1.1 and I'm in love with my Note all over again.
MUCH smoother and faster. Sometimes I was used to a lag between apps and now I'd better be ready because it gets where I'm navigating to much quicker.
Typing is clearly faster and more accurate.
Voice to text and voice commands seem much improved.
Battery life maybe somewhat better but not outstanding.
Fingerprint scanner much improved. Way better.
Screen wakes up differently. Fades on quickly and not as POW if you get a text or wake it up yourself.
I will say that I bought Nova Prime and that's made it a lot better too.
Very happy with this upgrade.
Hard to imagine a phone being much better than this.
Of course we've all said that before on upgrades that started out good.
So don't hesitate on getting it.
Go get you some 5.1.1

TechNut79

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Told ya! Now I just need a new battery and a factory reset and mine should be perfect.