Verizon 5.1.1

pcbtmr

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
I'm curious about the perceived improvements. Has anyone compared the current "improvements" of 5.1.1 with KitKat? Understandably, 5.0.1 was a very bad update and the current 511 is considered a vast improvement. I'm still on KitKat and phone is working great. Is 511 worth upgrading from KK?

droidntn

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
Told ya! Now I just need a new battery and a factory reset and mine should be perfect.

Posted via the Android Central App

You were right on bud.
I have an extra battery I slap in about 3 or 4 in the afternoon and keep on keeping on. Much better than charger chasing all day.
I'll definitely factory reset for marshmallow.

droidntn

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
I'm curious about the perceived improvements. Has anyone compared the current "improvements" of 5.1.1 with KitKat? Understandably, 5.0.1 was a very bad update and the current 511 is considered a vast improvement. I'm still on KitKat and phone is working great. Is 511 worth upgrading from KK?

I don't have specifics. I just know I use mine all day every day and mine works better now.
No lags and stutters.
Better be ready to take care of what you open or type because she's on it much quicker now.

tituswife

Mar 12, 2012
Visit site
Are y'all getting OTA updates, or using Kies? I haven't received a notification via Verizon yet. Thanks, a bunch.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

TechNut79

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Are y'all getting OTA updates, or using Kies? I haven't received a notification via Verizon yet. Thanks, a bunch.

Have you checked for the update? I never got a notification.

tituswife

Mar 12, 2012
Visit site
I have checked several times, since I read here about the update. I just checked again, and it says "temporarily unavailable."

Old Guy 59

Oct 18, 2014
Visit site
My phone was more responsive, less laggy and had slightly improved battery life when I updated and wiped the cache partition last week. Yesterday I factory reset the phone and it's even better.
Agree completely. Even if you do nothing other than update you'll probably see an improvement. Even better if you wipe the cache or do a factory reset.

nahoku

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
Smooth as silk, zero lag except for the photo gallery when opening from the camera
If I remember correctly, the lag from camera to gallery comes from a sync setting somewhere. Sorry, can't exactly remember which setting. Here's a demo I uploaded to Vimeo a while back. There is very minimal lag on my phone. I don't use the cloud, so there is no syncing on my phone. This is how my camera to gallery works all the time.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...%3A%2F%2Fvimeo.com%2F139033682&token=V4dk4fEd

droidntn

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
After this upgrade, I have this weird pop-up box with the name of the ring tone when someone calls me. It actually covers the answer or reject area so I can't select it.
Anyone else have this and find a workaround?

TechNut79

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
I'll be buying a new battery from Anker soon and doing a factory reset. That should make it way better.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12