Verizon 5.1.1

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I have been busy and not out here lately, but came out this morning because I got the notification of the update. I am installing now.

I do not have a lot of faith in Samsung at this point, so I hope I am pleasantly surprised by this update.

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
So far so good. The phone does seem snappier and I do have to say this is probably the first update ever in my own phone history that I do not feel like I need to do a factory reset. It does not seem to have messed anything up. Not sure yet if there is any improvement with the battery. I am pretty hard on my batteries, so I am not expecting much, but a little extra battery life would be nice. Getting rid of the lag will be a huge relief for me, as there have been times I have wanted to throw the phone out the window.

kgk1985

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
The only problem I've noticed is when I lock the screen, it will sometimes open an app on my home screen by itself. So when I unlock it, an app I didn't touch is open. Kinda annoying but not a huge deal. Except when it's my flashlight

ColbyJvonBrown

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
The only problem I've noticed is when I lock the screen, it will sometimes open an app on my home screen by itself. So when I unlock it, an app I didn't touch is open. Kinda annoying but not a huge deal. Except when it's my flashlight

It's minor, lol. But I also have this on my Samsung Galaxy Go Prime with AT&T. It runs 5.1.1 out of the box flawlessly. I usually average 4 hours and 30 mins sot throughout my day. But when I have more free time and I'm really using the phone, I can get 6 hours and 30 mins sot. Which I believe is great for a midrange phone. And battery life is amazing too. So for this being off topic with the phone model at least.

Posted via the Android Central App

tituswife

Mar 12, 2012
Visit site
Still no update here (Verizon). Kies says that my software is up to date. I'll keep checking!

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

wm4

Feb 13, 2014
Visit site
No notification prompt.

Queried, downloaded & installed myownself.

Lots snappier; checked it out (Bluetooth, etc.) - no probs; works well so far.

EDIT: Hmmm. Whacked my Kindle login, trashed my latest Kindle book. Logged-in, downloaded book again, all is well.

Last edited:

mrmoe110

Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
Is anyone else's Bluetooth crashing multiple times throughout the day since installing this update?

Posted via the Android Central App

Rickgsx

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
No... Mine is running tight without any issues. I also did a factory reset and cache wipe... I have to say, with the exception of the ANNOYING VERIZON in the upper left hand corner that serves No purpose whatsoever other than to acknowledge to the people, that there was no UI thought involved.... Aside from that, I've been happy with the update..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samyblaze