I've been intrigued by the VR explosion and was wondering if anyone here has used their Note 4 with Google Cardboard or any VR intrument and what is your experience. Thinking of giving it a try. Thanks for your replies.
    01-27-2016 03:02 PM
    I've been intrigued by the VR explosion and was wondering if anyone here has used their Note 4 with Google Cardboard or any VR intrument and what is your experience. Thinking of giving it a try. Thanks for your replies.
    I have. It won't fit in a case, so I have to take my Note out of it's case each time. I got Cardboard for free, so I only used it the day I got it in the mail. It was freaking awesome but I haven't pursued it at all. It made me a little dizzy, but it's pretty fun.
    TechNut79 likes this.
    01-27-2016 04:44 PM
    I have. It won't fit in a case, so I have to take my Note out of it's case each time. I got Cardboard for free, so I only used it the day I got it in the mail. It was freaking awesome but I haven't pursued it at all. It made me a little dizzy, but it's pretty fun.
    Same here.

Posted via the Android Central App
    01-27-2016 04:46 PM
    What are you guys talking about ? What is cardboard ?

01-28-2016 01:37 AM
    It is absolutely amazing. I have 2 different vr headsets. Google cardboard and a headset with a strap I got off amazon. Both work great. It isn't where it should be yet but the possibilities are endless. I use it almost everyday. And it definitely keeps my daughter busy at times.

01-28-2016 05:16 AM
    I have 2 of the Starwars Google Cardboards and haven't even opened them. They are just sitting here.

01-28-2016 08:40 AM
    What are you guys talking about ? What is cardboard ?

Cardboard is a virtual reality headset for smartphones that is made of... wait for it... cardboard. Or any other cheap material. It's basically a specification that defines parameters for a couple of lenses and a button placed inside whatever cheap (or premium) case material you want. Generally, units are under 25 bucks. Google's way of bringing "introductory-grade" VR affordably to the masses.

https://www.google.com/get/cardboard/
    01-28-2016 12:15 PM
    I have 2 of the Starwars Google Cardboards and haven't even opened them. They are just sitting here.

I kept trying to order one when Google was giving them out, but it was like trying to order a Nexus 4 (which I also missed out on - LOL).
    01-28-2016 12:16 PM
    Given the design of Cardboard, you could probably also modify the Cardboard unit with some cutting and a little good duct tape and keep the case on, I assume. But if you don't use it a lot, then taking the phone out of the case should be OK.
    01-28-2016 12:18 PM

How about sending me one. No charge of course.
    01-28-2016 01:01 PM
    What Virtual Reality headset will work with the Galaxy Note 4 in a heavy-duty case, like an Otterbox?
    03-02-2017 12:01 PM
    I have mine in a Spigen case, which is not small. I was able to fit it (just barely!) into a Cardboard unit during a recent demo of the technology at my local library. Worked fine.
    03-02-2017 06:08 PM