Why don't I have the ability to do video calling with the 5.1.1 update for my Note 4?

A

AC Question

I do not have the ability to video call with the 5.1.1 update for my Note 4

Hello. I was talking to my friend who has the note 4 for t-mobile and he has video calling for his note 4 because of the 5.1.1 update. I have the note 4 for at&t and it says that I have 5.1.1 software but I do not have video calling. Is there anything else that I should do for my phone to get it? Or does at&t suck?

Kjthomas0724

Dec 31, 2014
Visit site
Re: I do not have the ability to video call with the 5.1.1 update for my Note 4

What are they using for video calling? My note 4 is also AT&T so I'm no help

Posted via the Android Central App

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
T-Mobile is pushing a new messaging feature out that included video calling. So what your friend is referring to is actually T-Mobile specific software wise on the note 4.

WalkingHorse

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
IAmSixNine is correct. Verizon has HD voice and video calling services but you have to pay extra for it. A quick Google search indicates that AT&T started offering it as well late last year and that it is a paid add-on to your existing service.

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Are these services interoperable between carriers and/or platforms? Because if they are not, you'd be better off just asking anyone you intend to video call with regularly to set up an account in Hangouts, Skype, or other cross-carrier/cross-platform communications medium that can do video. And most of them are free.

braxtoq

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
IAmSixNine is correct. Verizon has HD voice and video calling services but you have to pay extra for it. A quick Google search indicates that AT&T started offering it as well late last year and that it is a paid add-on to your existing service.
I didn't have to pay extra for HD calling and neither has any of my friends or family and we are all with Verizon.

archangel849

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site

Same here. HD Voice and Video calling is included. But, video calling does go against your data, unless you're on wifi. HD Voice is over their LTE network.

WalkingHorse

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
I didn't have to pay extra for HD calling and neither has any of my friends or family and we are all with Verizon.

Oh really! Well I'll be darned. I ASSUMED (never a good thing to do!) that there was a fee due to wording of the option under Advanced Calling. Just upgraded and you are correct. It is included at no charge.
Thank you so much! :)

braxtoq

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site

Your quite welcome, as archangel849 said, you will use more data with HD calling if the person you are calling has the feature enabled, not having an issue with using too much data myself.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay