Why does my Android crash when taking pictures?

A

AC Question

Android crashes when taking pictures.

Hello, I am experiencing a problem with my Note 4. From time to time, but pretty frequently, when I take a picture the phone just shuts down and reboots. This happens in the stock camera app and even in apps like snapchat. Do you have any ideas on how to fix this, or should I try to get a replacement? Thank you.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Re: Android crashes when taking pictures.

Hello, welcome to the forums! It's very difficult to know for sure what the problem is but it could mean that your battery is starting to fail. You could replace it for a new one and see if the problem persists.

davrla41

May 14, 2014
Visit site
Well, it might be since my battery also does this thing where it drops from around 10% to 0% randomly. But I didnt know that it would impact the camera as well.

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Do you have your camera storage set for internal or SD card?
Also try it with and then with out the flash.
If it fails with flash battery is a likely culprit as others have mentioned.

noteboy100

Jan 28, 2016
Visit site
This happened to me. Are you using an aftermarket battery by any chance? I purchased counterfeit Samsung batteries on eBay, and they were junk. My phone would shut off when I took a picture. I went with ANKER replacement batteries, and have not had the problem again. ANKER is the best, and has a hassle free warranty. Just my 2 cents.

LongPress

Dec 31, 2015
Visit site

Battery for sure. My gs3 did the exact same thing. New battery fixed the issue.

Posted via the Android Central App

steeledarren

Jun 13, 2015
Visit site

Definitely the Battery. I have always had a spare battery since I've had my Note 4 and strangely enough whenever I took a picture with one of the battery's installed my handset just turned off completely. No issue with the second battery at all with taking a picture. Why the other Battery causes the Note 4 do shut down is still a Mystery.

Posted via the Android Central App

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
My guess would be sudden voltage drop.
Taking a picture is processor intensive as your using the camera, then processing the pic and storing it on local media. Plus if you have the flash on that would cause a big surge in power consumption and if the battery is bad then it would cause the phone to say wow the voltage is really low i better shut down. just my theory.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar