Can't Play Video message in gallery Note 4

ayejay04

Jan 30, 2016
Visit site
Today when I try and play a video from my photo gallery a message says "can't play video". Anyone have this issue or know of a fix?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Is this a video that was taken by your camera, or one that you downloaded or copied from somewhere else? Is the video stored in Internal Storage or on a microSD card?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Which version of G+ seemed to be causing it? There have been a few updates in succession, so they might have quashed that bug already. I'm currently on 7.1.0.112998773.

BRob72

Jan 30, 2016
Visit site
I have actually now uninstalled and disabled Google + cuz i never used it. But i was automatically updating apps so it would have been the latest version.

Posted via the Android Central App

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Right, but how long ago did you uninstall and disable G+? If it was more than a few days ago, then there might have already been an app update that addressed this issue. I think my 6P got an update for G+ just yesterday.

17thWhitePrince

Jan 31, 2016
Visit site
I had that exact same problem and finally found this resolution because I was cracking my brain trying to figure out what happened

So yeah,

Thanks !!!

Ps. After I unistalled all Google+ updates, I then reinstalled them and the videos play without issue. xD

huilin

Feb 1, 2016
Visit site
Hi all,

I am using Notes 3. I have uninstall Google + 2 times and restart my hp but still shows me Can't play video.
When I uninstall, the Google + is not fully uninstalled but it ask me to Update. After I done Update and restart, I play the video again, still hit error.
Any other hints? help needed!

regards

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Another user mentioned having to update Google Photos, so make sure your Google Photos app is up to date (assuming you have it installed).

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
You could try installing it to see if it helps. But also try uninstalling updates to Google+, and then playing a video without updating Google+ again.

huilin

Feb 1, 2016
Visit site
I have done to disable Google + and restart my hp. It can play video now. But system is using "Video" to run my video.
Just that this "Video" run the video few seconds it will stop until we press play again. I also already remove the default application from Setting, it still default using "Video". Anyway to default it using "Gallery" itself?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
"Video" often means it's defaulting to the Gallery app.

If you reenable Google+ now and make sure it's fully updated, does the video problem come back?

huilin

Feb 1, 2016
Visit site
Yes if I reenable Google+ and updated, video issue again. After I install Google photo, issue solved. Just that the original Gallery cannot used anymore.

Thanks so much in your assistance.

regrds

darrenmannn

May 19, 2016
Visit site
"Video" often means it's defaulting to the Gallery app.

If you reenable Google+ now and make sure it's fully updated, does the video problem come back?

Hi man. Ive got an S5 and I took some videos on holiday. I was having an issue with my camera saving everything to device, so found a fix by clearing the cache. But now I'm back, some of the videos I shot will not play. They're saying video cannot be played. Under "about" it shows the sizes are like 1.2gb so it's like there's something there. I plugged my phone to my laptop nd can't play the same videos through there either. Have tried uninstaling updates to Google plus, and my Google photos did need an update. Done that but still the same videos (and quite a few photos) aren't showing up. Any other advice or reasons for this? Any help will be much appreciated. Thanks in advance

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Are those videos saved to Internal Storage or to an SD card? What if you copy the actual video file to the computer via USB, and then try to play the video on the computer?

ViswGautam

May 22, 2016
Visit site
I have a Note 4 with Android 5.0.1 and I just installed a new 32 GB micro SD Card. I recorded video on this SD card as well as took many pictures (almost 300). Now I'm able to see only 40 or so pictures properly, either on the phone or on the laptop. For the remaining pictures, it's showing the standard JPEG/MP4 thumbnail in Windows Explorer window. When I try to open this using Windows Image Viewer, I'm getting the error 'We can't open this file'. For the videos, it says 'Can't play. Try playing something else. This item's file format may be unsupported, the file extension may be incorrect, or the file may be corrupted.' Please help.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maximusdebois