02-06-2017 07:43 AM
27 12
tools
    Today when I try and play a video from my photo gallery a message says "can't play video". Anyone have this issue or know of a fix?
    precious645 likes this.
    01-29-2016 09:42 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Is this a video that was taken by your camera, or one that you downloaded or copied from somewhere else? Is the video stored in Internal Storage or on a microSD card?
    01-30-2016 03:46 AM
    Stored in the internal memory on the device and it's videos I record myself with the phones camera.
    01-30-2016 06:19 AM
    Uninstall Google+ recent update... worked for me with exact same issue.

Posted via the Android Central App
    01-30-2016 12:36 PM
    Which version of G+ seemed to be causing it? There have been a few updates in succession, so they might have quashed that bug already. I'm currently on 7.1.0.112998773.
    01-30-2016 02:31 PM
    I have actually now uninstalled and disabled Google + cuz i never used it. But i was automatically updating apps so it would have been the latest version.

01-30-2016 02:58 PM
    Right, but how long ago did you uninstall and disable G+? If it was more than a few days ago, then there might have already been an app update that addressed this issue. I think my 6P got an update for G+ just yesterday.
    01-30-2016 07:47 PM
    I had that exact same problem and finally found this resolution because I was cracking my brain trying to figure out what happened

So yeah,

Thanks !!!

Ps. After I unistalled all Google+ updates, I then reinstalled them and the videos play without issue. xD
    B. Diddy likes this.
    01-30-2016 10:24 PM
    That was it. Thanks a bunch. It was driving me crazy.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    01-30-2016 11:14 PM
    Yes you are right. After I uninstalled Google +, the video started working. Tx
    B. Diddy likes this.
    01-31-2016 07:31 PM
    Hi all,

I am using Notes 3. I have uninstall Google + 2 times and restart my hp but still shows me Can't play video.
    When I uninstall, the Google + is not fully uninstalled but it ask me to Update. After I done Update and restart, I play the video again, still hit error.
    Any other hints? help needed!

regards
    01-31-2016 08:43 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Another user mentioned having to update Google Photos, so make sure your Google Photos app is up to date (assuming you have it installed).
    01-31-2016 09:16 PM
    My hp does not install Google photo. Does it means that I need to install only can solve the issue ?
    01-31-2016 11:40 PM
    You could try installing it to see if it helps. But also try uninstalling updates to Google+, and then playing a video without updating Google+ again.
    01-31-2016 11:53 PM
    I have done to disable Google + and restart my hp. It can play video now. But system is using "Video" to run my video.
    Just that this "Video" run the video few seconds it will stop until we press play again. I also already remove the default application from Setting, it still default using "Video". Anyway to default it using "Gallery" itself?
    02-01-2016 02:40 AM
    "Video" often means it's defaulting to the Gallery app.

If you reenable Google+ now and make sure it's fully updated, does the video problem come back?
    02-01-2016 03:28 AM
    Yes if I reenable Google+ and updated, video issue again. After I install Google photo, issue solved. Just that the original Gallery cannot used anymore.

Thanks so much in your assistance.

regrds
    B. Diddy likes this.
    02-01-2016 07:10 PM
    "Video" often means it's defaulting to the Gallery app.

If you reenable Google+ now and make sure it's fully updated, does the video problem come back?
    Hi man. Ive got an S5 and I took some videos on holiday. I was having an issue with my camera saving everything to device, so found a fix by clearing the cache. But now I'm back, some of the videos I shot will not play. They're saying video cannot be played. Under "about" it shows the sizes are like 1.2gb so it's like there's something there. I plugged my phone to my laptop nd can't play the same videos through there either. Have tried uninstaling updates to Google plus, and my Google photos did need an update. Done that but still the same videos (and quite a few photos) aren't showing up. Any other advice or reasons for this? Any help will be much appreciated. Thanks in advance
    05-19-2016 03:04 PM
    Are those videos saved to Internal Storage or to an SD card? What if you copy the actual video file to the computer via USB, and then try to play the video on the computer?
    05-19-2016 05:37 PM
    I have a Note 4 with Android 5.0.1 and I just installed a new 32 GB micro SD Card. I recorded video on this SD card as well as took many pictures (almost 300). Now I'm able to see only 40 or so pictures properly, either on the phone or on the laptop. For the remaining pictures, it's showing the standard JPEG/MP4 thumbnail in Windows Explorer window. When I try to open this using Windows Image Viewer, I'm getting the error 'We can't open this file'. For the videos, it says 'Can't play. Try playing something else. This item's file format may be unsupported, the file extension may be incorrect, or the file may be corrupted.' Please help.
    05-22-2016 01:33 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! The SD card could be corrupt, defective, or counterfeit. Install SD Insight to see if the card is genuine or counterfeit. Counterfeit cards are programmed to report more storage than they actually have, and if you try saving more than the card can actually hold, then files can start getting corrupt.

If it's a valid card, then go to Settings>Storage, Unmount the card, remove it, and insert it into your computer. Can the computer read these files? Backup as much as you can right now, then run chkdsk to look for bad sectors: http://forums.androidcentral.com/amb...d-sd-card.html
    05-22-2016 01:53 PM
    Uninstall Google+ recent update... worked for me with exact same issue.

I have the same problem but I don't use Google+....so...what is the possible solution in my case?
    06-15-2016 02:58 AM
    You might not use it, but it's native to the phone and can't be removed. So unless you've disabled the app to prevent updates, then chances are you still have the most current version of G+ on your phone.

Of course, this thread is 6 months old, so who's to say that it's still a G+ issue. This could very well be something new. If you haven't disabled the app, try that first and see if it fixes the issue.
    06-15-2016 09:31 AM
    Google drive tries to open the video
    10-31-2016 03:31 AM
    Yes, i had problem with playing video clicked by mob camera.. now i installed google+ and it works now. thanks a lot
    11-07-2016 03:51 AM
27 12