Cricketwireless MMS issue

d4691

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
So, out of nowhere, my MMS decided to stop working. My APN stayed the same and I was unable to send group messages, and pictures, but could receive them. It was very odd. After two calls to "customer support", I got online to chat with a representative. this is what he said to do:

"Please go to phone and enter this code: *#*#4636#*#* Then, click on phone information ... scroll down... you will see SMSC address... 701970010 click refresh and make sure it is +19703769830. If it's not that, please enter that in the field and click UPDATE."

My SMSC address was empty. so perhaps this might fix it. I can send pics now, but its kinda late to test group text. lol.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Evidently they changed their SMS center (that's what SMSC is) phone number, and at least one phone got a null number when Cricket sent out the update. Some day, Google is going to learn that it's the 21st century. (Errorless updating is at least as old as 1989. That's when I wrote a system, and I'm sure I wasn't the first one to do it.)

Pref0ntaine

Oct 2, 2016
Visit site
How did you solve this issue? or did it just resolved on its own?

This exact same thing is happening to me right now.

I can receive MMS but cannot sent it and get in red "Message not sent: service not activated on network".

I have not touched any APN settings and just yesterday I was sending MMS just fine.

I dialed #*#4636#*# and the SMSC was blank so I hit "refresh" and this # came up 19703769830 then I hit update and nothing happens but that # remains.

On this thread I'm not sure I read what the solution was.

vice86

Nov 23, 2013
Visit site
How did you solve this issue? or did it just resolved on its own?

This exact same thing is happening to me right now.

I can receive MMS but cannot sent it and get in red "Message not sent: service not activated on network".

I have not touched any APN settings and just yesterday I was sending MMS just fine.

I dialed #*#4636 #*# and the SMSC was blank so I hit "refresh" and this # came up 19703769830 then I hit update and nothing happens but that # remains.

On this thread I'm not sure I read what the solution was.

i typed that in and I get "Connection problem or invalid MMI code"...wtf

terriskitchen

Sep 20, 2018
Visit site
I updated the number by using the code. I had to enter quotes for it to update properly.
"+19703769830"
Using Refresh to check it showed ,145 added that it had previously with a different number.

My problem is a bit different. I can sent and receive MMS messages to about 10 people, but when I tried to send one to 20 people it wouldn't go through. That's when I saw "Message no sent: service not activated on network."

I had to break the group into two smaller MMS groups of 10 people each to send the message to everyone. I haven't tried something like 15 or so people because I don't want to bombard them all with more tests since they at least got what they needed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol