This looks like a scam virus warning to me

isabel95

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
That's what I thought - poor grammar - "Virus have been detected".

Is there an Andoird ad blocker app that will prevent popups like this?

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...ails?id=com.lookout.addetector&token=_B3IolnR

Lookout Labs "Ad Network Detector" is pretty good about telling you which ad network clients are installed on your Android, what each ad network client can do, and which apps that you have installed use those ad network clients. This will allow you to find and delete the apps that have come with ad networks that do things you don't want done.

isabel95

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
Thank you. I already have Adblock Browser for Android installed and Adblock has been working very well on my PC with Firefox.
Ad Network Detector sounds a little complicated to use.

Bumbel Games

May 3, 2018
Visit site
i have been getting the same popup on my samsung s7

I got the same popup a phew times now but i don't just get it in the browser, even when i don't have anything open
Could someone help pls :(

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Re: i have been getting the same popup on my samsung s7

I got the same popup a phew times now but i don't just get it in the browser, even when i don't have anything open
Could someone help pls :(

Sounds like you have an application running in the background that is serving up advertising from an ad network that has this scam buying ad space from them. Best bet is to disable any apps you are not using - I do recall on the Note 4 that "Peel Remote" (the default IR remote app on the Note 4) was a real "winner" in the ad category - so much so that I disabled it and stopped using my Note 4 as an IR remote entirely.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae