New Speed Charge/Battery Status Lock Screen with annoying ads "just appeared" on GN4

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
I had exactly the same problem with charge boost screen, but immediately after uninstalling GO Keyboard this screen disappered. So this crappy GO Keyboard is causing the problem. I reported this app to Google.

They're not breaking any rules by having ads in their app. Use an adblocker and you won't see any ads. I use Adaway to block all ads in apps.

Jessicamk07

Aug 21, 2016
Visit site
I just uninstalled my go keyboard and that screen is gone.
So, 2 days ago, a new lock screen "on top of" my regular lock screen "magically appeared" on my Note 4.

It shows time/date in upper left corner, and a ... menu in the upper right that allows me to turn off speed charging. Then, a % charged indicator, and underneath that, some annoying ad... at the bottom, there is a "slide to unlock", which then goes to my Nova Launcher lock screen, which I have setup with my fingerprint scanner.

So basically, now I have to go through an additional lock screen and view an annoying ad to get into my phone.

I have no idea where this came from, and to the best of my recollection, I haven't added any new apps.

Any idea how to get rid of this?

Thanks for your help!

Last edited:

steveschoen

Aug 30, 2016
Visit site
How do I get to "advanced setting". I have this same "charging lock screen" come up. I have no KittyPlay. I have no Go software that I know of. I have a Samsung Galaxy S5 phone.

TutTLe Siu

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
Mine was caused by the Go Weather App. Uninstalled, and everything is good. Thanks for the heads up!
Mine is the Go Weather App too, and I've just uninstalled it n reported it to the GoWeather on google play about it, hope this help to the other ppl.
N thanks for the heads up buddy.

Last edited:

PhysioBean

Sep 4, 2016
Visit site
Hi, i have had the same problem. For me it was Kika Cute Keyboard. I have the Pro version of Kika and that's ok, its the free cute keyboard which states it comes with ads. Did what another member stated, checked which apps were used over past 3hrs whilst charging and Kika Cute Keyboard was the culprit, all is back to normal now. 😁

tommyscottrocks

Sep 5, 2016
Visit site
So, 2 days ago, a new lock screen "on top of" my regular lock screen "magically appeared" on my Note 4.

It shows time/date in upper left corner, and a ... menu in the upper right that allows me to turn off speed charging. Then, a % charged indicator, and underneath that, some annoying ad... at the bottom, there is a "slide to unlock", which then goes to my Nova Launcher lock screen, which I have setup with my fingerprint scanner.

So basically, now I have to go through an additional lock screen and view an annoying ad to get into my phone.

I have no idea where this came from, and to the best of my recollection, I haven't added any new apps.

Thanks for your help!

It came with the latest Marshmallow update. I haven't figured out how to get rid of it yet.

Sls8531

Sep 17, 2016
Visit site
OK, I finally figured out why it's behaving this way: there is a new setting under Advanced, called 'Quick Charging'. I don't know what, if anything, this actually does, beyond setting up that ***obnxious*** fake lock screen.

I do have a screenshot, but I can't figure out how to attach it via the mobile page.

Problem solved for me. I was getting the fake lock screen only after charging my phone. I found an app called flash keyboard running which I noticed wasn't under my default apps but showed under all apps. I uninstallled it. Plugged my phone into charge for a bit and the fake screen no longer shows after charging.
I've been frustrated for two days trying to figure it out. It's adware that went undetected by Malwarebytes and Kapersky Antivirus I installed on my Samsung Galaxy 7. It may not be the same app as the one I found as there are so many out there but my suggestion is go thru your apps carefully. I clicked on each one to see if it was a system default or actual app. You can tell the difference by the options it shows. If it's system you can only force stop or disable. Installed app you can force stop, uninstall. Good luck!

Last edited by a moderator:

Eight2L8

Sep 21, 2016
Visit site
It took me days to figure out what was causing the extra lock screen on my phone. It's really weird how many different apps is causing this issue. It ended up being Flash Keyboard on my phone. Not even sure how that app got on my phone since I use SwiftKey. It would pop up with a blue screen and bubbles with advertisements every time I hooked my phone to fast charger.

Saaaameee. Flash was it, never used it once. Cane from the samsung essentials store.

ken_z

Sep 23, 2016
Visit site

Thanks for your help!

Did you happen to get a new battery? This exact thing happened to me when I got a new Anker battery for my Note 3. When that charging screen pops up there should be a little settings gear in the top right corner..click that and it will take you to a settings menu...there should be an option that says "Charging LockScreen" it also says underneath that it will help charge your phone faster by havinv this. Anyways if you want the ads gone then click the box that should already be checked to the right. When I did this the ads went away but my battery percentage actually started going down while on the charger. And I couldn't find that settings menu anywhere on my phone.

240Drift

Sep 24, 2016
Visit site
Hey, i had the exact same thing which i just turned off. Essentially, to turn it off, tap on the three vertical dots in the top right corner of your screen and tap turn off speed charge. That turned it off for me!

Made an account to reply to this. My "2nd" lock screen looks like some of the ones posted, with the ad at the bottom. I knew mine was from CM Cleaner. At the top right of this screen it even showed Clean Master. After reading your comment I had a button on the top right of my screen as well. Once I pressed it another screen came up showing this feature is called, this is how it read on my phone, Charge Master ( contains ads) .
I disabled it and now I am waiting to see if my phone charges faster. Before this screen it seemed like it would only take about a hour, but with the screen it would show a full charge would take almost 3 hours.

cajun dee

May 7, 2016
Visit site

Thanks for your help!

you. might have wthe app clean master, r DU lock screen , r one of there launchers

UKGandalf

Sep 28, 2016
Visit site
Had this pop up on my wife's phone (Galaxy S3 on Android 4) today... found what was causing it this way:
1. Plugged phone in to get screen to pop up
2. *Did Not* swipe but instead pressed and held the home button to get the recent apps
3. Tapped the pie chart in the bottom left to show active processes
4. As this battery lock screen advert was the only thing running at the time it showed the "Flashlight" app responsible!
5. Removed "Flashlight", restarted and plugged back in to test: Nothing popping up any more :)

As you can't access current active processes the same way on Android 5 (have to go into settings first and it shows everything running rather than currently active) I still haven't found which app is doing this on my son's Moto G or daughter's Xperia M4 Aqua so if anyone can point me in the right direction of a similar screen in Android 5 if it still exists there I'd appreciate it!

dpw09

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site

Thanks for your help!

Here is a good article on how to track the app putting the ads there.
Android ads on your lockscreen and how to destroy them - SlashGear

Qaid_Ali

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
I think when Peel Smart Remote updated that's when I noticed that Speed Charge Screen. I removed Speed Test to be safe as well. That updated too on my M9 😬 I'll keep everyone posted

juliesdroidsync

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
Here is a good article on how to track the app putting the ads there.
Android ads on your lockscreen and how to destroy them - SlashGear

As the OP, I'm really surprised at how often this seems to happen to people. The original post was in February, and people are still picking up on it. My original culprit was Go Keyboard (the paid version "forgot" that I paid. When I refreshed it, the ad disappeared.)

The next was Peel Smart Remote when it happened again.

The article above was very helpful... it will probably happen again... Thanks, all!

lovedroid

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site

Thanks for your help!

I found the same thing this morning. I tracked it down to the zcamera, I installed. Uninstalled, and everything back to normal. Hope that helps!