09-23-2018 11:30 AM
278 12345 ...
tools
    Really appreciate this thread. Noticed it today after getting the newest update on my LG G3 (verizon update vs98547A). Haven't installed an app in weeks but the system update did result in a bunch of updates from the play store. Uninstalled KittyPlay and am hoping it's the culprit. Will report back if it wasn't.

Just what I wanted to do after working a 12 hour day, right? I wouldn't mind but the damn thing seemed to be snoozing my alarm for me this morning (after 30 minutes I finally woke up and watched it happen, alarm would go off, a few seconds later it would snooze itself). Which would be great except I need to actually wake up.
    04-04-2016 10:13 PM
    I just got this today when my phone just started updating apps out of the blue when I was trying to check for software update and while that's fine and it finished downloading all the updates, I charged my phone and the speed charge screen came up just like the ones you guys had and I kept reading the thread to see what apps were the culprit and most were apps I do not have or ever installed until I came across Kitty Play which I definitely installed like a year ago and never uninstalled and lo and behold, I uninstalled it and it disappeared so it does seem for some that Kitty Play was also pulling the same bull.

Haven't seen it for a hour since the uninstall and I went ahead and posted a one star review explaining there's a speed charge screen adware, do not install and I reported it to Google explaining the situation. Hopefully, that truly was it and hope those with Kitty Play also uninstall it if they don't use it. I don't understand why some apps think that's appropriate to go ahead and put up crap like that in an update for those who had it for a long while.
    Vonzy likes this.
    04-05-2016 03:20 AM
    KittyPlay was the culprit for me also. Going to the KittyPlay App site on the Google's Playstore also confirmed that other people are having the same issue with this app.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...yplay.ex&hl=en

Once I uninstalled KittyPlay, the "charge screen" went away. I have reported the app to Google.

Thanks
    04-06-2016 05:20 AM
    Google removed the Z Camera after I was complaining, but now it's back again.
    It's very strange that they used adware/malware in their installation because they have around 4.5 out of 5 on Google Play, 5 000 000–10 000 000 have installed this program, where it also is possible to buy several add-on's
    And now it's back again:
    ******Z Camera: Best App of 2015 on Google Play in 75 countries!******

I just installed it again, and guess what?

This crap is still there (even after a reboot) !
    I wonder how they were thinking: First, they got complaints from Google and then had to remove their app + 1 week later they launched the very same program without any changes
    New Speed Charge/Battery Status Lock Screen with annoying ads "just appeared" on GN4-zero1.jpg

Google, here I come - again!

Edit: I wrote to Google today, about this program and asked them to keep an eye on large forums like this because very few are aware of the possibility to complain directly to them.

I guess that they also can learn about how we respond to different apps here as well
    04-06-2016 06:16 AM
    That annoyance was caused by Kitty Play on my phone, if u have that app, go to settings and disable rapid charge. Good luck!
    04-06-2016 08:46 PM
    I had the exact same thing and same screen. Awesome find for fixing. I just unistalled Zcamera and BAM...that annoying sped charge screen went away. TWO THUMBS UP!!!!!!!!!!
    04-08-2016 05:05 AM
    Thank you! Fixed my problem as well!
    04-08-2016 09:02 AM
    I have a Galaxy S5 Android 5.1.1
    Very few apps. NO - Z Camera, NO - KittyPlay.
    I looked at 11 recently updated apps and deleted all 3rd party apps that were updated. NO LUCK.
    What else could it be ?
    04-08-2016 05:14 PM
    OK, I finally figured out why it's behaving this way: there is a new setting under Advanced, called 'Quick Charging'. I don't know what, if anything, this actually does, beyond setting up that ***obnxious*** fake lock screen.

I do have a screenshot, but I can't figure out how to attach it via the mobile page.
    (GOLauncher related)
    Ty, this is what was causing it on my phone, I upgraded from S5 to a S7 and set it up exactly the same, I was baffled by this new problem that I didn't have with my S5.
    04-09-2016 04:07 AM
    i can confirm, it is related to : GO Keyboard - Emoji, Wallpaper. Or maybe any GO products for that matter. Uninstalling emoji extension from them, made it go away but i have left the GO Keyboard for now to see if it will manifest on it too.

Edit:
    Had to uninstall everything GO Keyboard related.

No troubles since then.
    Greg Banfill likes this.
    04-09-2016 08:21 AM
    Thank you SO much for everyone who has posted about this!!! I started having this issue on my Galaxy S4 2 days ago. I have been a big GO app fan, but several months ago, deleted Go Launcher, and Go Weather off but kept Go SMS, because it's still my favorite messaging app. I also had Z Camera as well. I deleted Z Camera off, but that was not the issue for me, because the speed charge came back. I just deleted Kitty Play, and for now, that seems to have worked, but somehow in the mix, I can now no longer get into Google Play. I keep getting a "server error", but can still get into other Google apps, like Gmail. Not sure if this is related or not.

Also, be aware, for those of you who use your phone as an alarm clock, this Speed Charge thing affects that too....when my alarm went off yesterday morning, thank goodness I was already awake, as the alarm hit about 2 notes and when it woke the phone up, the speed charge immediately silenced the alarm tone until I "slid to unlock", then the alarm came back on.
    04-09-2016 09:56 AM
    You are correct, Ill admit sometimes its hard for me to switch my brain from windows to android. I guess the point I was trying to make, in my case, the apus crap, which I know they have a handful of apps on the play store, was showing up in a app not developed by them.
    04-09-2016 06:03 PM
    Thanks for all of the input! For my daughters phone (Galaxy S4) it was KittyPlay. She had installed this app 2 years ago and just last week it installed this speedboost app. We uninstalled KittyPlay and the speedboost app is gone!
    04-09-2016 09:42 PM
    Thanks for all the help everyone! I just uninstalled all my GoSMS Pro emojii packs and that did nothing.

Then I uninstalled GoSMS Pro, an app that I thought was a good, respectable app, that I've used for years with no issues. WTF, that was it. Really? Reporting to Google Play.
    04-10-2016 09:23 AM
    TouchPal which was installed but was not my active keyboard was the culprit for me. They replace the Fast Charge check-box in the battery section with "Boost Charge". When you check the new boost charge in your system battery settings Ads will appear on your lock screen when the phone is charging.

See thread here: https://touchpal.uservoice.com/forum...-pisses-me-off
    7AndTRT likes this.
    04-10-2016 10:44 AM
    04-10-2016 11:44 AM
    I've just removed flash keyboard from my wife's Priv and it has appeared to corrected the issue with fast charge adware , but I'll update if things change. She is not even aware that she installed this application
    04-10-2016 11:52 AM
    I believe "boost charge" is an ad-on (pun intended) feature that various apps are adding to their app to bring in some dirty adware money. Clean Master and TouchPal are both sneaking "Boost Charge" in their app updates.
    04-10-2016 12:11 PM
    I believe "boost charge" is an ad-on (pun intended) feature that various apps are adding to their app to bring in some dirty adware money. Clean Master and TouchPal are both sneaking "Boost Charge" in their app updates.
    Whatever they need to do to make money I suppose , and I expect ads in some apps now that BlackBerry has gone android, but this form is intrusive
    04-10-2016 01:36 PM
    A very strange thing happened to me when I was updating some apps:
    The app New Airpush Detector was also installed!
    - Could it have been Google? Because I have reported two apps?

. . . . . . .

I have tried it, and it works fine!
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...rc.ap.detector

New Airpush Detector will detect which application is integrated with Airpush and detailed status like smart wall ads , push icon ads, push ads status. You can click an application to open setting and uninstall that application.
    # Important #
    This app may find Facebook,eBay,twitter as 'Airpush ad publisher' because these app uses same mechanism as airpush to push notification on your device.

Some apps got a note about "Airpush Detected", one is from my Bank ;-)
    and some is internet-radio apps - nothing dangerous

I hope that this will work for all of you that can't find the app that is messing it up!
    04-11-2016 03:02 AM
    I had the same issue; Nexus 6P.
    It was the Go launcher...disabling the "quick charge" in the advanced settings worked for me.
    Thanks @Mairzy Doats!

New Speed Charge/Battery Status Lock Screen with annoying ads "just appeared" on GN4-screenshot_20160411-080443.jpg
    04-11-2016 07:42 AM
    So, 2 days ago, a new lock screen "on top of" my regular lock screen "magically appeared" on my Note 4.

It shows time/date in upper left corner, and a ... menu in the upper right that allows me to turn off speed charging. Then, a % charged indicator, and underneath that, some annoying ad... at the bottom, there is a "slide to unlock", which then goes to my Nova Launcher lock screen, which I have setup with my fingerprint scanner.

So basically, now I have to go through an additional lock screen and view an annoying ad to get into my phone.

I have no idea where this came from, and to the best of my recollection, I haven't added any new apps.

Any idea how to get rid of this?

Thanks for your help!
    Have you installed Kittyplay in your phone?
    Kittyplay have such annoying feature.
    To disable it-
    1. Open Kittyplay
    2. Goto 'Settings'
    Disable 'Rapid Charging'
    Hope this fix the issue.
    Good luck.
    Peace
    04-12-2016 04:39 AM
    This is from GoSMS app - just click the menu and "Turn off" - your charge speed is not actually effected.
    04-12-2016 10:42 AM
    Mine was caused by the Go Weather App. Uninstalled, and everything is good. Thanks for the heads up!
    04-12-2016 11:55 PM
    Everything from the Go developers is a culprit for this. To find the exact app you can use whatever button your phone uses to show open apps to close.. the lock screen speed charge shows up as the offending app. In my case.. Go SMS.
    04-13-2016 06:27 AM
278 12345 ...