04-24-2018 11:43 AM
276 ... 34567 ...
tools
    You see those three dots on the screen. Tap on it and turn off the display of this add. Simple,right ...
    05-03-2016 05:42 AM
    So, 2 days ago, a new lock screen "on top of" my regular lock screen "magically appeared" on my Note 4.

It shows time/date in upper left corner, and a ... menu in the upper right that allows me to turn off speed charging. Then, a % charged indicator, and underneath that, some annoying ad... at the bottom, there is a "slide to unlock", which then goes to my Nova Launcher lock screen, which I have setup with my fingerprint scanner.

So basically, now I have to go through an additional lock screen and view an annoying ad to get into my phone.

I have no idea where this came from, and to the best of my recollection, I haven't added any new apps.

Any idea how to get rid of this?

Thanks for your help!
    Had the same issue of the Quick Charge Lockscreen.. Noticed the app name that was installed on my phone (Fotorus) accidently while pressing the multitasking button.. The same screen appeared under this app name even though I didn't open this app. uninstalled immediately and problem resolved.

Hope this helps... Cheers
    05-03-2016 03:04 PM
    For me it was FotoRus too, after i got rid of it the lock screen disappeared. Thanks!
    05-05-2016 08:53 AM
    You see those three dots on the screen. Tap on it and turn off the display of this add. Simple,right ...
    /disagree. Any app that does this deserves an uninstall at the very least. A low rating even better.
    05-07-2016 02:22 PM
    Anyone recognize this one?
    https://imgur.com/mGfTvHP

Or have a suggestion for an app that can trace this down? I've tried malwarebytes and stopbadapp.
    05-07-2016 02:26 PM
    I highly recommend "Ad Network Detector" (from the same authors as Lookout Antivirus) because it is really good at identifying adware and telling you what apps to uninstall. The best part is that it doesn't actually make any changes - it just breaks down the ad networks installed on your device, what behaviors each one can engage in, and what apps use them. Uninstall all of the apps that use a misbehaving ad network, and the ad network goes away.

Unfortunately it cannot complete a scan on my Note 4 - but maybe you'll have better luck.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...out.addetector

EDIT: If anyone has any alternatives they can suggest that do the same thing but actually work, paid or not, I'd be grateful for the tip. Even the full Lookout doesn't appear to have nearly the full feature set as this one. The only others I've found are from Cheetah Mobile, and installing their stuff on my phone to PREVENT invasive software seems counter-intuitive.
    Hey, I just wanted to let you know. I found mine because it had a similar background image to an emoji keyboard I downloaded months ago. However, whenever I went threw Google play. It showed me apps that had been "recently updated" and this was one of them. Good luck guys!
    05-08-2016 07:40 AM
    So, 2 days ago, a new lock screen "on top of" my regular lock screen "magically appeared" on my Note 4.

It shows time/date in upper left corner, and a ... menu in the upper right that allows me to turn off speed charging. Then, a % charged indicator, and underneath that, some annoying ad... at the bottom, there is a "slide to unlock", which then goes to my Nova Launcher lock screen, which I have setup with my fingerprint scanner.

So basically, now I have to go through an additional lock screen and view an annoying ad to get into my phone.

I have no idea where this came from, and to the best of my recollection, I haven't added any new apps.

Thanks for your help!
    A typing app was the culprit on my Motorola Nexus 6. I removed Go Keyboard and this removed the offending lockscreen with ad.
    05-08-2016 05:12 PM
    I got this on my s6 edge.

On the ad lock screen in the upper right corner there is a gear icon, that you click and it shows DU Charger. I switched it off. Still not sure what app it is. I just installed SU to root but not sure if it occurred prior.
    05-08-2016 06:07 PM
    I had the same: no new apps, but it started as soon as I enabled the "battery charge booster" in ES File Explorer.

I don't mind paying for ES FileExplorer, but if I can't get an Ad Free version from E Strongs, I'm going to have to find alternatives as they're just wasting resources and screen estate with all their adverts these days!
    05-09-2016 04:39 AM
    For me, it was es file explorer
    05-09-2016 07:07 AM
    Yes, it was ES File Explorer. Will be letting them know how unappreciative I am of this.
    Attached Thumbnails New Speed Charge/Battery Status Lock Screen with annoying ads "just appeared" on GN4-1462807712509.jpg  
    05-09-2016 10:28 AM
    ES File Explorer here as well. Froze the app with Titanium Backup and the nasty lockscreen was gone.

I didn't see an option to disable the "speed charging" as the poster above.

Reported the app to Google. I used to love ES File Explorer and have it on all my devices...but this is too much. Viable alternatives?
    05-09-2016 11:16 PM
    I had an app that was to goof around putting different kinds of beards on faces in photos. It had something it put in that was showing and ad everytime I swiped to unlock it would show. I hadnt installed anything new for ages so it was an easy guess to know who the culprit was. Uninstalled it and everything back to normal. This beard app was a trusted app from the play store
    05-09-2016 11:16 PM
    ES File Explorer here as well. Froze the app with Titanium Backup and the nasty lockscreen was gone...
    Reported the app to Google. I used to love ES File Explorer and have it on all my devices...but this is too much. Viable alternatives?
    X-1000!

I went a step further and un-installed from all my family's devices.
    I don't mind paying a few bucks for a useful app.
    An ""app"" that surreptitiously puts adware on my wife and kids devices?

.....go die in a fire ES.
    05-10-2016 03:03 AM
    X-1000!

I went a step further and un-installed from all my family's devices.
    I don't mind paying a few bucks for a useful app.
    An ""app"" that surreptitiously puts adware on my wife and kids devices?

.....go die in a fire ES.
    this has been driving me nuts for days lol
    Was ES File Explorer on my device as well, option to turn off is at the bottom of the settings menu on mine.
    I do recall a prompt to enable boost charge must have hit yes and not no so in my case its self inflicted

will be keeping an eye on it and keeping an eye open for another file manager now.

Thanks
    05-10-2016 04:31 AM
    I got the sAmerican thing. ES file Explorer recently updated and added a bunch of new features and took the liberty of activating them all. If you have that app, that is most likely where it came from. Today I pressed the wake button to my phone and discovered that the lock screen had changed to a blue liquid that corresponded the percentage of my battery. Also had an advertising, was able to disable it through the menu button on the top right corner. Also noticed on the notification tray was a button that said allow special permissions. When I clicked on it it launched ES File Explorer. HOPED THIS HELPED!!!
    This fixed it for me.
    Kill ES file explorer. Removed, and problem gone, thanks to this forum.
    05-10-2016 07:59 AM
    Yes, it was ES File Explorer. Will be letting them know how unappreciative I am of this.
    Just had the pop-up for boosting my charge as well. This really doesn't sit well with me. ES File Explorer has been getting more and more annoying and this was the last straw. I loved it as a *file explorer* but all this extra mess is garbage.

I'm uninstalling from every device in my household.

Any good file explorer alteratives?

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk
    05-10-2016 10:00 AM
    EDIT: I posted and then saw some of the comments above mine. It appears the culprit is ES File Explorer. They've gotten worse and worse with their advertising/gimmicks. I'll also be looking for an alternative.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    05-10-2016 10:13 AM
    File Manager HD is a good alternative.. .
    I clicked yes absentmindedly as well, and then got suspicious and immediately searched the forums :-)
    Disabling it was easy, and I will probably keep ES File Explorer for some more time, unless it gets invasive again.
    05-10-2016 03:39 PM
    New Speed Charge/Battery Status Lock Screen with annoying ads "just appeared" on GN4-2016-05-10-16.59.39.jpg
    ES File Explorer as well-from latest Google update last night.
    05-10-2016 04:01 PM

Thanks for your help!
    I believe that ES File Explorer is the culprit here. Simply go into the app, open up the menu in the upper left corner, and scroll all the way down to " Charging Boost" then simply toggle the switch off.
    05-10-2016 06:31 PM
    I don't think that it is Samsung. I started getting the same screen last night and I have been following this string all day. I got about 18 updates last night in Play Store and I didn't start seeing the blue speedcharge screen until after that. Finally went into my applications manager and looked for apps that did not down load and the only ones that I saw came from the virtual reality software that came with the phone (Galaxy S7). It was Cirque du Soleil and Strangers. I uninstalled those along with some camera apps that I had like Bestie and Z Camera and the problem seems to be solved. I just don't know which apps were causing the problem. I did do some research on the Cirque du Soleil and Strangers apps and they seem to be legit. The camera apps that I uninstalled did update right before I started seeing that blue screen though. I hope this helps.
    I just uninstalled Z CAMERA and this annoying ad is now gone!!! Yay!!!!
    05-11-2016 02:16 AM
    this did it for me, thank you !
    05-11-2016 09:58 AM
    None of these suggestions have gotten rid of this screen for me, unless I missed something. Has anyone done anything that actually works for this issue specifically?

I only get this screen when I plug my phone in to charge
    Not sure if you have "gosms keyboard" installed but that what was causing the problem for me
    05-11-2016 10:00 AM
    Using an LG V10. Just saw it last night and it was unsettling to see and advertisement and lock screen! But I have to admit other than the ad the battery meter looked good. On my phone it was definitely a new ES File Explorer "feature." I deinstalled ES and reinstalled Solid Explorer that I paid for in the past and was no longer using.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    05-11-2016 11:04 AM
276 ... 34567 ...