New Speed Charge/Battery Status Lock Screen with annoying ads "just appeared" on GN4

Deke218

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
Yes, it was ES File Explorer. Will be letting them know how unappreciative I am of this.

Attachments

• 1462807712509.jpg
    1462807712509.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 20

elmorte

May 10, 2016
Visit site
ES File Explorer here as well. Froze the app with Titanium Backup and the nasty lockscreen was gone.

I didn't see an option to disable the "speed charging" as the poster above.

Reported the app to Google. I used to love ES File Explorer and have it on all my devices...but this is too much. Viable alternatives?

grimister

Aug 9, 2014
Visit site
I had an app that was to goof around putting different kinds of beards on faces in photos. It had something it put in that was showing and ad everytime I swiped to unlock it would show. I hadnt installed anything new for ages so it was an easy guess to know who the culprit was. Uninstalled it and everything back to normal. This beard app was a trusted app from the play store

sure why not

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
ES File Explorer here as well. Froze the app with Titanium Backup and the nasty lockscreen was gone...
Reported the app to Google. I used to love ES File Explorer and have it on all my devices...but this is too much. Viable alternatives?
X-1000!

I went a step further and un-installed from all my family's devices.
I don't mind paying a few bucks for a useful app.
An ""app"" that surreptitiously puts adware on my wife and kids devices?

.....go die in a fire ES.

SccSltd

May 10, 2016
Visit site
X-1000!

I went a step further and un-installed from all my family's devices.
I don't mind paying a few bucks for a useful app.
An ""app"" that surreptitiously puts adware on my wife and kids devices?

.....go die in a fire ES.

this has been driving me nuts for days lol
Was ES File Explorer on my device as well, option to turn off is at the bottom of the settings menu on mine.
I do recall a prompt to enable boost charge must have hit yes and not no so in my case its self inflicted

will be keeping an eye on it and keeping an eye open for another file manager now.

Thanks

rwmich

May 10, 2016
Visit site
I got the sAmerican thing. ES file Explorer recently updated and added a bunch of new features and took the liberty of activating them all. If you have that app, that is most likely where it came from. Today I pressed the wake button to my phone and discovered that the lock screen had changed to a blue liquid that corresponded the percentage of my battery. Also had an advertising, was able to disable it through the menu button on the top right corner. Also noticed on the notification tray was a button that said allow special permissions. When I clicked on it it launched ES File Explorer. HOPED THIS HELPED!!!

This fixed it for me.
Kill ES file explorer. Removed, and problem gone, thanks to this forum.

cptsashimi

Feb 24, 2013
Visit site
Yes, it was ES File Explorer. Will be letting them know how unappreciative I am of this.

Just had the pop-up for boosting my charge as well. This really doesn't sit well with me. ES File Explorer has been getting more and more annoying and this was the last straw. I loved it as a *file explorer* but all this extra mess is garbage.

I'm uninstalling from every device in my household.

Any good file explorer alteratives?

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk

royfripple

Nov 15, 2011
Visit site
EDIT: I posted and then saw some of the comments above mine. It appears the culprit is ES File Explorer. They've gotten worse and worse with their advertising/gimmicks. I'll also be looking for an alternative.

Last edited:

AlexBor16

May 10, 2016
Visit site
File Manager HD is a good alternative.. .
I clicked yes absentmindedly as well, and then got suspicious and immediately searched the forums :)
Disabling it was easy, and I will probably keep ES File Explorer for some more time, unless it gets invasive again.

chrisbaier7

May 11, 2016
Visit site
So, 2 days ago, a new lock screen "on top of" my regular lock screen "magically appeared" on my Note 4.

It shows time/date in upper left corner, and a ... menu in the upper right that allows me to turn off speed charging. Then, a % charged indicator, and underneath that, some annoying ad... at the bottom, there is a "slide to unlock", which then goes to my Nova Launcher lock screen, which I have setup with my fingerprint scanner.

So basically, now I have to go through an additional lock screen and view an annoying ad to get into my phone.

I have no idea where this came from, and to the best of my recollection, I haven't added any new apps.

Any idea how to get rid of this?

Thanks for your help!

I believe that ES File Explorer is the culprit here. Simply go into the app, open up the menu in the upper left corner, and scroll all the way down to " Charging Boost" then simply toggle the switch off.

kattitudedesigns

May 11, 2016
Visit site
I don't think that it is Samsung. I started getting the same screen last night and I have been following this string all day. I got about 18 updates last night in Play Store and I didn't start seeing the blue speedcharge screen until after that. Finally went into my applications manager and looked for apps that did not down load and the only ones that I saw came from the virtual reality software that came with the phone (Galaxy S7). It was Cirque du Soleil and Strangers. I uninstalled those along with some camera apps that I had like Bestie and Z Camera and the problem seems to be solved. I just don't know which apps were causing the problem. I did do some research on the Cirque du Soleil and Strangers apps and they seem to be legit. The camera apps that I uninstalled did update right before I started seeing that blue screen though. I hope this helps.

I just uninstalled Z CAMERA and this annoying ad is now gone!!! Yay!!!!

WBlank

May 11, 2016
Visit site
None of these suggestions have gotten rid of this screen for me, unless I missed something. Has anyone done anything that actually works for this issue specifically?

I only get this screen when I plug my phone in to charge

Not sure if you have "gosms keyboard" installed but that what was causing the problem for me

tardus

May 26, 2014
Visit site
Using an LG V10. Just saw it last night and it was unsettling to see and advertisement and lock screen! But I have to admit other than the ad the battery meter looked good. On my phone it was definitely a new ES File Explorer "feature." I deinstalled ES and reinstalled Solid Explorer that I paid for in the past and was no longer using.

foxemerson

May 11, 2016
Visit site
Removed EZ file explorer and problem gone. I guess EZ file explorer probably lost a few hundred customers with this dumbass idea. Lost me for life that's for sure.

ravenmoon50

May 12, 2016
Visit site
A very strange thing happened to me when I was updating some apps:
The app New Airpush Detector was also installed!
- Could it have been Google? Because I have reported two apps?

. . . . . . . http://i.imgur.com/Nb8GaeQ.jpg

I have tried it, and it works fine!
https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...etails?id=com.abrc.ap.detector&token=_xcpKORS

New Airpush Detector will detect which application is integrated with Airpush and detailed status like smart wall ads , push icon ads, push ads status. You can click an application to open setting and uninstall that application.
# Important #
This app may find Facebook,eBay,twitter as 'Airpush ad publisher' because these app uses same mechanism as airpush to push notification on your device.

Some apps got a note about "Airpush Detected", one is from my Bank ;-)
and some is internet-radio apps - nothing dangerous

I hope that this will work for all of you that can't find the app that is messing it up!

I installed it and checked, and they said that tumblr is a problem because it has push ads..could it be true? I don't want to delete that app because I like it :( but the fact that boost battery app pops up on lock screen really worries me

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12