New Speed Charge/Battery Status Lock Screen with annoying ads "just appeared" on GN4

Nexus 5 Nurs

May 17, 2016
Visit site
Uninsrall Photo Editor Pro if you have one. With update, this one brings malware app causing "charging" lockscreen with ads. Also, if you want to identify such app, check memory usage by apps in last 3 hours and see if there are any that you didn't use

BestJoeyEver

May 17, 2016
Visit site
For me it was also Photo Collage Editor. Gotta say I dropped my rating of that app fast and hard.
I have no problem with ad supported apps, but ones that display ads outside their app and turn on COMPLETELY UNRELATED features without permission... thats not welcome.

I actually liked the screen, just not the ads.

TheCodeGuy

May 18, 2016
Visit site
Hello!

I just want to let every know for me it was Photo Editor Pro by Aviary causing this problem for me.

Note: Aviary also has a photo editor named only "Aviary" which does not cause this "speed charge lock screen" nuisance. I actually love the Aviary application so I recommend disabling updates for that app if you like it too.

Dark_Erebus

May 18, 2016
Visit site
GO Keyboard is also causing this lock screen. A continuous running process of the app is labelled ".chargelocker", so if you have the lock screen issue and don't have any app on this thread, try looking for a similarly named process under the "running" tab in your app settings.

Lauren Rito

May 18, 2016
Visit site
So, 2 days ago, a new lock screen "on top of" my regular lock screen "magically appeared" on my Note 4.

It shows time/date in upper left corner, and a ... menu in the upper right that allows me to turn off speed charging. Then, a % charged indicator, and underneath that, some annoying ad... at the bottom, there is a "slide to unlock", which then goes to my Nova Launcher lock screen, which I have setup with my fingerprint scanner.

So basically, now I have to go through an additional lock screen and view an annoying ad to get into my phone.

I have no idea where this came from, and to the best of my recollection, I haven't added any new apps.

Any idea how to get rid of this?

Thanks for your help!

This just happened to me. I've been getting these weird notifications about an app I've had forever and choose to ignore them but when this happened and I found this thread I decided to look into my apps as I haven't downloaded anything new in a while. I went to settings and running apps and that old app with new weird notifications was running a service or secondary app called " lock service". The app itself was "photo collage". I deleted the whole app just now and have plugged and unplugged my phone from the charger and locked and unlocked my phone which usually was bringing up this charging screen but now I haven't seen it. Hopefully that means I took care of the problem!
Thanks guys! Hope you're able to get rid of it too

saturnman109

May 18, 2016
Visit site
I have an old ZTE Z998 that started displaying this annoying unlock screen after installing a bunch of updates. The unlock screen went away after I uninstalled TouchPal updates.

Jordan12112

May 18, 2016
Visit site
Hi everyone
I'm here to help and this works for my galaxy s5 just follow the steps:

1 you have to connect your phone to the charger so that add on starts running

2 you have to press active apps button which is on the left side of your home button

3 as the screen with the active apps pops up you have to click on the little circular diagram icon in the bottom left corner of the screen

4 now hidden running processes should appear you have to remember the names of the apps that appear in hear and simple force them to stop

5 now simply go to app menager and uninstall the app that was creating the problem in my case it was Zcamera app

I hope I helped and you can get rid of that annoying s***

Crimps01

May 18, 2016
Visit site
For me it was the ASTRO File Manager. I've had this app for a few years with no problem. It must have updated overnight because the lock screen ads just starting appearing today, 05/18/2016. I unistalled the app, restarted the phone, and the ads are gone.

Thanks to everyone for sharing!

RockyMtnSARchick

May 18, 2016
Visit site
I just googled this charging lock screen, and this Samsung forum was the first hit on the list. I have a Mototrola Droid, which was doing a TON of updates earlier this morning, and this lock screen just appeared today. When I went into the Active Apps screen, the window for this lockscreen thing had the same icon as the Photo Collage, so I've uninstalled it.
But after reading through this forum, I wonder WHAT THE HECK is going on?! It's not related to just one app, or to just one developer, so what gives??
How many more apps am I going to have to uninstall after this? I've got rid of Photo Collage, but I also have ES File Manager, so I expect that to cause the same issue shortly.... I'm not a big app junky... I guess this is one way to reduce the amount of space taken on my phone so I can have more room for pics haha! :-$

kpdx

Dec 14, 2014
Visit site
Need Unicorn emoticon

Why are there no unicorns in the emoticon drawer.?

Unicorns are awesome!

Posted via the Android Central App

JeannieA

May 19, 2016
Visit site
GO Keyboard is also causing this lock screen. A continuous running process of the app is labelled ".chargelocker", so if you have the lock screen issue and don't have any app on this thread, try looking for a similarly named process under the "running" tab in your app settings.

GO keyboard is the case for me.. I really like that keyboard.. Sigh..

Diego Rodriguez1

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
Hi, 1st time here, in my case I install "Antivirus Security AntiAdBoost" and scan my phone and indicate 1 virus in "LOCX App". I clear cache, uninstall and NO MORE DU charger ads!! Thanks a lot. Hope this can help.

My case too, any other APP LOCK you recommend? Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

tomsoulmAt

May 21, 2016
Visit site
So, 2 days ago, a new lock screen "on top of" my regular lock screen "magically appeared" on my Note 4.

It shows time/date in upper left corner, and a ... menu in the upper right that allows me to turn off speed charging. Then, a % charged indicator, and underneath that, some annoying ad... at the bottom, there is a "slide to unlock", which then goes to my Nova Launcher lock screen, which I have setup with my fingerprint scanner.

So basically, now I have to go through an additional lock screen and view an annoying ad to get into my phone.

I have no idea where this came from, and to the best of my recollection, I haven't added any new apps.

Any idea how to get rid of this?

Thanks for your help!

So just a couple of days ago I suddenly came upon this EXACT issue, suspecting it was caused by an app I recently downloaded. The lock screen ads/blue liquid charger panel appeared any time I turned my phone on from a sleep. I deleted all apps recently downloaded, even using LockOut and McAfee to scan my phone with no help. It turns out the issue was caused by Photo Collage Editor by Zentertain, an app I've had for MONTHS with no issue. After reading someone else's reply, I realized I've had an error show up on my screen about the app, asking me if I'd like to restart the app or ignore the message. I went into the app's settings and sure enough, there is a box to uncheck to remove the lock screen ads!
In short, you may be experiencing a problem from any number of things, not just a recently downloaded app. I like the idea another user suggested of checking your phone's usage and see which apps are running when you aren't using them. THANKS SO MUCH for helping to solve my problem!

Wbarbour

May 22, 2016
Visit site
There is a settings button on the new lock screen. Just click on that and unchecked the box it takes you to. Problem solved. It is quite annoying!

Candace Naas

May 23, 2016
Visit site
None of these suggestions have gotten rid of this screen for me, unless I missed something. Has anyone done anything that actually works for this issue specifically?

I only get this screen when I plug my phone in to charge

I have the same thing but if you press he gear icon on the top right hand corner and unchecked the box problem solved

dan_linder

Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
I have the same thing but if you press he gear icon on the top right hand corner and unchecked the box problem solved

Thanks Candice! I wasn't able to track down the app on my wifes phone, but at least I can disable this intrusive lock-screen by using the gear icon and disabling it like you mentioned.

waldopepper

Jan 26, 2015
Visit site
Arg this took me ages to track down what was doing this, like others, ads are one thing, but this new screen meant it was an additional step to unlocking your phone when charging!

For me, it was ES File Explorer, just go into settings and untick 'Charging Boost' at the bottom of the list. What a load of bs!

Thanks for the help here.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC