Hi all.

"Upgraded" my Verizon Note 4 this morning OTA with the new 5.1.1 - N910VVRU2BPA1.

Well that went south fast. It is not correctly displaying or syncing (or I am somehow missing contacts) from my primary Google account. I have other google accounts attached to the phone, but I only save contacts in one. The contacts are still there in the account when I log onto the account on my PC.

I have already drilled down into both the contacts settings to see if there is something the options to pick which account to show contacts for....and the account setting looking for sync issues...the only thing I found strange was there was initially a "sync issue" warning.

Anyone else having contact issues after the Verizon "upgrade"?
    02-09-2016 09:26 AM
    No contact issues but do have one game app that won't work after the update.
    02-09-2016 12:06 PM
    No contact issues but do have one game app that won't work after the update.
    If that game was installed from Amazon Appstore or Underground, then you may just need to logoff your Amazon account and then logon again to get the game to work. Verizon updates seem to cause a problem for the Amazon account which may require that logoff/logon.

Larry
    pduffer likes this.
    02-09-2016 01:41 PM
    A couple of possibilities. Did you update a contact on both your PC & phone before syncing? That can cause an issue. The other possibility is what you have checkmarked in you Google sync. I'll give you a path to find what I'm talking about. Go to settings>accounts>Google, tap on your email or username whichever is there. This will take you to your sync page. Make sure Contacts is checked. Scroll down to the bottom of the page. Uncheck "Sync People Details" and make sure it says "sync turned off". Go back to top of page, tap on 3 vertical dots and tap on Sync Now. Your contacts should sync again. I don't know why this works, I don't even know what People Details is. I just know I was having same problem awhile back that you are now and this fixed it. Hope this helps. Let us know

Posted via Android Central App
    02-09-2016 11:11 PM
    If that game was installed from Amazon Appstore or Underground, then you may just need to logoff your Amazon account and then logon again to get the game to work. Verizon updates seem to cause a problem for the Amazon account which may require that logoff/logon.

Larry
    That was the solution! Thanks
    02-10-2016 01:16 AM
    Have you had any charging issues after update? Mine charges SLOW after this update!
    02-13-2016 01:33 AM