I've been trying to figure out how to transfer files between my Note 3 and Note 4 using WiFi, but have not been successful, yet .....

I can transfer via Bluetooth, which is quite slow. Took a little over 20 minutes to transfer audio files around 250MB total size.

Please share your experience with transferring files between two Android devices via WiFi. I tried ES File Explorer, but can't get it to work.
    02-16-2016 02:56 PM
    Have you tried Airdroid? Should work over Wifi. You shouldn't need to sign in either . . Install the app on both devices, start it on both and bypass the sign in and just look for nearby devices.

Currently transferring from my tablet to Note 4 over wifi at 4MB/s which isn't phenomenal but definitely better than the 0.2MB/s you were getting over bluetooth.
    indysteve9 likes this.
    02-16-2016 03:45 PM
    Ive used WiFi File Explorer Pro in the past to move files from device to device or device to computer and it worked well for me.
    I didnt pay attention to actual speeds but i dont recall it being slow.
    02-17-2016 09:28 AM
    Have you tried Airdroid? Should work over Wifi. You shouldn't need to sign in either . . Install the app on both devices, start it on both and bypass the sign in and just look for nearby devices.

Currently transferring from my tablet to Note 4 over wifi at 4MB/s which isn't phenomenal but definitely better than the 0.2MB/s you were getting over bluetooth.
    I use AirDroid all the time. It's a snap to use and very fast. It's the best wireless way to go and I've tried various other ways.
    02-17-2016 01:12 PM
    If you use free version of AirDroid, isn't there a limit on amout of files you can transfer each month? I am looking for a good solution also. Right now I use ShareIt by Lenovo.
    02-17-2016 08:57 PM
    Not sure how fast or slow comparatively with BT, though, have you considered Android Beam/S Beam under NFC under more networks in settings?
    The phones will have the prioritary NFC and all you have to do is put the back of the phone together you'll hear a tone and files sent will have to be accepted on the other phone and transfer happens. Again it may not fit your needs though it's a simple and effective solution. Good luck

Posted via the Android Central App
    02-17-2016 10:10 PM
    Have you considered an OTG sd card reader?

https://shopmeenova.appspot.com/st/order.html

Android Central App | S5 G900A kitkat root
    02-17-2016 11:55 PM